The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
loader men not extortionists - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: loader men not extortionists (/showthread.php?tid=101059)

loader men not extortionists - JonTom - 07-24-2015

Yea, right. Pretty much straight up extortion in my mind.

"Loader Men Say Ushering Passengers To Vehicles A Means Of Survival"

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20150724/loader-men-say-ushering-passengers-vehicles-means-survival

RE: loader men not extortionists - kylake - 07-24-2015

Quote:Gleaner wrote: "But you have to get aggressive sometimes because dem 'ducta yah wah move like you don't load them bus at times, suh people mistake this as intimidation," Tim* pointed out.
And there is the problem!
But it is not a mistake they (anyone offering any service not just the loaders) can be aggressive and I have experienced it on more than one occasion and places other than Jamaica. If I need help I will gladly accept it in Jamaica or anywhere! If I don't and kindly tell you, I don't need help (for whatever you are offering), please move away and find another person that does need help or your offering.
I do understand people in 3rd world countries (any country and first world for that fact) needing work and I do give them work and payment, but only for what I need or want and even if I need it "not" if someone is trying to force it on me.
Just me and old school I guess.

RE: loader men not extortionists - Oldtimer2 - 07-26-2015

What is their option for money ? I know what it is like for the hardest people to employ dept . Must they steal , beg or what ? But the intimadation fact is right out of this world !!!  Not bad paying jobs like the bauxite provided , were hard to get and they still had absenteeism over the top . Nobody that grabs at my stuff gets away with it . If a guy says "would you like me to load/unload your bag/bags " I tip him well . This loading and unloading just turned bad when the planes stopped unloading people on the tarmack . Back in the day ( some of you really old guys will remember ) your bags were picked up by a taxi driver right there coming out of the plane and I don't think any of them went through customs . Most likely you just got off an Air Jamaica plane that had a free  meal , free drinks , a fashion show and you could probably guess the kind of shape that a person might be in...well...THAT'S !!!!!!!!!! where loaders/unloaders got their ( at that time ) start . It's like the buggy whip . It did have a place in time .