The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch (/showthread.php?tid=100977)

Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - JonTom - 06-16-2015

"US man hit by tree branch was on mission to Ja"

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/UPDATE--US-man-hit-by-tree-branch-was-on-mission-to-Ja

Made me say "What are the odds?"
Love life each and everyday.

RE: Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - kylake - 06-16-2015

Quote: JonTom said: Made me say "What are the odds?"

Love life each and everyday.

Ditto that for sure and what a terrible thing to happen to a man on a mission.

RE: Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - CardBoardBox - 06-16-2015

two parter; First,
I agree with "what R the odds." I recall a sheet of plywood was blown off the roof of a 17 story building and hit a college freshman girl in the head. Equally as odd, and unfortunate.

How accepting his father seemed when he said his son was called by God. For what purpose we shall never know.

But in this second part, which I swear is true, I accepted it as a sign from God.

My niece was about to get married and I was parked outside the church under a tree. No wind. I decided that a thoughtful gift would be a letter to the couple about making a marriage work, etc. I was on page 2, and after writing the first two words of this sentence "Never hit one another ...." a branch / limb, probably 2 inches in diameter, fell onto the roof of my car. Long branch. Boom.

I took that as a devine message I should not deliver the letter, so I didn't. No damage to the car since it landed flat but it scared the willies out of me.

Healthy, alive branch. Maybe an angel sat on it.

RE: Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - macyoder - 07-13-2015

Live life to the fullest, the motto I live and probably will die by. 

I am 19 years survivor of double open heart surgeries and my hubby a 17 years cancer survivor. It can be scary and terrifying but a burning desire not take life and living to the edge. Sometimes stop in the middle of cleaning the house to dance, now  I make sure there is music. My house is comfortably enough, so I can enjoy planning my next trip away from it. I wouldn't have chosen to live the last 19 years knowing the experimental procedure could fail and my life taken, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

Live Love Laugh

RE: Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - Oldtimer2 - 07-13-2015

PERFECT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RE: Tourist on mission killed by falling tree branch - Oldtimer2 - 07-13-2015

I was in a car accident 22 years ago that put me in the hospital for 153 days . It's no fun !!!