The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
San Diego...need info.. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: San Diego...need info.. (/showthread.php?tid=100957)

Pages: 1 2

San Diego...need info.. - Oldtimer2 - 05-21-2015

My whole family wants to go to San Diego this coming March . I had such an awesome time at the villa last year that I told them I would pay again ANYWHERE !!!! they chose and they picked there . I know nada about it other than the Chargers play there . All help will be helpful .

RE: San Diego...need info.. - murph - 05-21-2015

When in SanDog, I usually check out: 

Mission Beach and the strip/pier

Coronado Island is nice to rent a bike and cruise around

Balboa Park

San Diego Zoo

great music/reggae scene- I can always count on a good show

Skiing at Big Bear is 2 hours away

Anaheim/Disney is about 2 hours

TIJUANNA!!! is not far away! Note: keep a $50 in your sock (it worked for me!)

have fun!

RE: San Diego...need info.. - booger - 05-21-2015

Old Town to bar hop or get some good Mexican food. Gas Lamp in downtown to bar hop, younger crowd usually. And while I'm not big on zoos, The Wild Animal Park is about the best you will see when it comes to captive animals. 
N San Diego has numerous wineries if that is your thing. Most are around the Temecula area. 
There are some great beaches to check out, Mission Beach as Murph stated is a good spot. And if you golf you can always try and get on Torrey Pines. 

RE: San Diego...need info.. - rootswoman - 05-24-2015

Be prepared for sticker shock.  San Diego is nice but quite pricey. I would look for a condo or something to rent with a kitchen if I were going with a big group.

My personal favorite thing to do when visiting San Diego is to spend the day in Tijuana.  I love shopping for Mexican handcrafts, eating good Mexican food and drinking strawberry margaritas.  (They are really cheap and oh so good)

RE: San Diego...need info.. - rootswoman - 05-24-2015

So OT 
Why did they choose San Diego?

What are they looking to do / see ?

I am just curious.  

Beach?  Cliffs?

RE: San Diego...need info.. - Oldtimer2 - 05-24-2015

I'm not really sure why they picked it . Maybe you guys might have a more cost controlled idea ??? I'm open . These guys are all about outside and activities . Not big drinks .  There will be 11 adults ( kids and their spouses and me ) and 11 grandkids  ranging from high 20's to 8 .I'm paying for the villa but not the day trips ( if any ) or the plane tickets .

RE: San Diego...need info.. - rootswoman - 05-25-2015

One reason I asked OT is because if you had said they are "beach people" I might have replied - "do they know the ocean is still pretty cold in March"  I looked it up and it averages 62 degrees Fahrenheit.  

I have been to the zoo and seaworld - I found both to be shockingly expensive and over crowded.  While they were both very nice I did not really enjoy my time there as they were too crowded - It may be, that we went on the wrong days. (glad to hear you are not paying for all that)

I may be a little jaded because I lived in southern California for several years - if i were booking a villa for my family - hand down - it would be in Mexico. 

Have you and your family been to Mexico OT?

RE: San Diego...need info.. - Oldtimer2 - 05-26-2015

My family has been to Mexico but not me . I'll ask one of my daughter's to maybe think " NOT !!!San Diego "
I need an adventure !!! My problem ( ??? ) is I have a daughter in Vancouver and 4 kids . I have a daughter in Calgary and 4 kids . I have a daughter in Toronto and 3 kids and a daughter in Halifax 0 kids and a son in Halifax 0 kids so it is much easier for us to go west than for them to come east . My personal goal is to spend a little time with my grandkids . They are starting to get up there so the less time they will soon have for me . I miss them terriblely . Only my son has any interest at all about Jamaica . The Canadian $ is also a factor .

RE: San Diego...need info.. - rootswoman - 05-26-2015

Oh I see, lots of people, and lots of kids.  They are probably thinking San Diego would be warm and sunny in March, plus, like you said - it is easier to meet up in the West.  Please don't let me be the one to discourage you OT - there may be a lot more to San Diego than I know - i feel bad to rain on your parade - i just know how pricey southern California is - if you can find the right sort of accommodations than im sure it would be nice -  

Here is an quick example of why I asked about Mexico
here is a link to villa rentals on Isla Mujeres (a small island off of cancun - cancun often has cheap flights )

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/yucatan-mayan-riviera/isla-mujeres/r5555

for example - i see a beautiful water front villa with a pool that sleeps 14 for 429-679 per night (that was the first one i saw that slept the most people).

while in san diego
 http://www.homeaway.com/search/refined/california/san-diego/region:6369/Property+Type:villa

Yikes!

The prices speak for themselves....

There are many nice places in Mexico, on the east, or on the west coast. It would be good to compare flight costs and see what makes sense. If you have never been I think you would love Mexico. I have not been to many places there, but I cant wait to go back.

RE: San Diego...need info.. - Oldtimer2 - 05-27-2015

Well again ...THANKS !!!! The place in Mexico has been mentioned many times here . It caught my eye before . My "alpha " daughter and a couple of grand daughters are coming here this summer for a few weeks and that will be put forth . She is a corporate lawyer that deals exclusively with travel for the oil companies ,correct visa's ,travel insurance , passports etc. Travel insurance works well UNTIL !!!! you have a major something . She is always simulating events to test these companies . Most are scams...sort of . BE CAREFUL is her take on things . But back to Mexico . That Isla Majeure sounds like my kind of place .