The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cuba ..a different view ???? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Cuba ..a different view ???? (/showthread.php?tid=100955)

Cuba ..a different view ???? - oldtimer - 05-17-2015

Well...a friend of mine was visiting cuba and came back about 2 weeks ago . He almost starved to death ,not because the food was bad but they didn't have enough ??? Merv ,was at a 4 star hotel and it was some sort of Cubian holiday week and the hotel had many local business people staying there . When they brought out the buffet style platters , the locals would go up and just pick the whole tray and leave nothing behind . Anything they didn't eat they packed up and took it with them . They would order 20 omelletes for 2 people . Another thing was chairs . 5 , 6 , 7 chairs at a table with 3 people there and they almost had to physcially fight to get something to sit on . When they went on a tour that was the only time they would get fed . Merv said he got sick from lack of food . Now this is exactly opposite of my last friends that went there . This happened in Veraderro .

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - Flintstone - 05-17-2015

Very strange indeed, I guess they have no beach vendors in Cuba? Maybe he could have slipped some body 5 or 10 bucks to bring him something from off the street, would have been better than going hungry...

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - Schuttzie - 05-17-2015

Wow, that is interesting.  Couldn't he go out of the resort to look elsewhere?

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - kylake - 05-17-2015

Interesting and thanks for posting! I would have been taking a walk-about myself unless it was prohibited.

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - oldtimer - 05-17-2015

Where he was was hard to do that !!! It happened to him , that's all I can go by . The last time about Cuba to me was everything was great ???

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - macyoder - 05-18-2015

" it was some sort of Cubian holiday week and the hotel had many local business people staying there .

My teen daughter recently informed me that I invented the uni-boob. I pack things in my bosom that don't belong there making a long boob. Yes, I can see this could happen in my world as it did at this resort. Family and friends living in Canada loved their trips to Cuba. 

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - RaStar - 05-20-2015

This is indeed a growing issue in Cuba.

The Cuban people have always been welcome to stay at tourist resorts but it use to be much more limited. With te recent changes in Cuba which encourage entrepreneurship more Cubans than ever have the disposable income to book vacations at the same resorts that the foreign visitors enjoy. The Cubans seem to think it is quite acceptable to cart away as much food out of the resort restaurants as they can carry, causing shortages for the other guests.

This issue needs to be addressed in short order. While I realize Cubans have every right to stay at the resorts in their own country, there neeeds to be policies set in place to avoid these shortages. New rules banning people from leaving the buffet restaurants with food would be a logical start.

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - Westenders - 05-20-2015

Maybe, hopefully it was an isolated incident 

Food in the AI can be terrible, with availability of meat dishes poor, lived off rice, mash and omelettes ....only hol that I went on that I lost weight lol. Have friends who say the same but still love travelling there.

Not that easy to go off resort, not much out there and the Cuban convertible peso that we tourists use is designed to be value less to Cubans .

RE: Cuba ..a different view ???? - Westenders - 05-30-2015

Positive day for Cuba. No longer classed as a country sponsoring terrorism...!! The lifting of economic sanctions commences...