The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
anyone detained by immigration? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: anyone detained by immigration? (/showthread.php?tid=100935)

Pages: 1 2

anyone detained by immigration? - CardBoardBox - 04-24-2015

I am awaiting a response from the airport if the building is open 24 hours, partly to see if it has a bearing on them having to put someone on a plane the next day and thus transporting a person someplace overnight off the airport grounds.

But someone's, anyone's experience would be appreciated.

The youtube videos have been entertaining and informative, such as

Border Security Australia's Frontline

as just one example, although it was just picked at random.

One of the facts gleaned from these 22 minute video was that the passport "chip" has your digital photo. But who would be stupid enough to try to use a bogus passport.

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - Westenders - 04-25-2015

No but we were detained by customs at mbj a few years ago. Had to give a supervised urine test...wasn't happy..nearly missed our flight home. The reason they gave was the amount of stamps in our passport.

The British secret police have also stopped and screened us once at mbj...I didn't even realise they were real lol..

And the British embassy risk officers love us, we get questioned almost every time in the que for check in...lovely and private!!

On return to the UK it's very difficult for non EU passport holders to get through without correct documentation. They use biometric info and have for a few years now. My hubby has his fingerprints registered, so in addition to the passport chip...he has to have this done every time on return too.

Look for the UK border force shows as well, very interesting ..!

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - oldtimer - 04-25-2015

What ????

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - Schuttzie - 04-25-2015

Our first trip without the kids we were searched in Charlotte (I think it was) after coming back from JA.  They held our luggage and another young couple who were backpacking around JA until it was the very last off the chute.  Everyone was gone and we were standing there waiting.  My husband had his guitar with us.  We grabbed our bags, as well as the other couple, and turned around to see security standing there waiting for us.

They searched us (and detailed search of luggage/guitar) while asking questions like did we go to parties, where we stayed, anyone ask us to transport anything, etc.  The other couple was searched, too. They said dogs had smelled something on our luggage.  Hubby jokingly told them he wouldn't be stupid enough to carry weed in our bags, lol.  They laughed and finally let us go.  Not sure what happened to the young couple.

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - kylake - 04-25-2015

This time going down we were never detained but our flight from MCO (Orlando) was held up a bit for Customs and Immigration. We saw them pulling up outside of the gate. Then 2 or 3 at a time made their way up to the gate lobby. Then a dog and handler. They setup in the tube/walkway to the plane......dog and all. I said hello to the dog and he did a doe-see-doe around me. I was pulled to the side and questioned and then allowed to board. I believe they did apprehend 2 people or at least that is what I heard but did not witness the event.
Coming back a easy all the way but our luggage in MCO was held up for extra screening and didn't make it onto our flight. It did come on the next flight and had never been opened (I put zip ties on my luggage).
Also at MCO when you went back through airport TSA security after immigration there was a dog there also.
But you could keep your hat on, computer in bag and shoes on which was nice.

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - JamaGinger - 04-26-2015

I have never been detained in immigration going into Jamaica, but I was detained once in customs. I learned a valuable lesson. When completing the customs form, do not mark out and then correct answers. I was mad at myself, because I have completed that customs form many times. For some reason, a few trips back I check "yes" to carrying more than $10,000US in cash. I noticed it later prior to any Jamaican official viewing the form and marked out yes and put no. Well, the Jamaican customs officer didn't like that I had marked it out and sent me over to stand in this really long line and answer questions. I explained to the first official that I had made a mistake and corrected it, but she did not accept that answer. In the future, if I make a mistake on the form, I will just get a whole new form and complete it again.

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - captaind on Zion Hill - 04-26-2015

I always go to the secondary inspection at MCO. That's because I carry cooked food and also check off that I've been on a farm and near livestock (Zion Hill). The folks who work that line know me on sight now so it's never a big deal.

Got thoroughly searched getting on to the plane at MBJ one time a couple of years ago. And questiond by TSA about how much money I was carrying leaving MCO for MBJ once.

As to the number of Ja stamps in my passport I only was asked once why I travel to JA so much. I carry my TRN, copy of my old work permit and residency visa as well as a certified copy of my land title. I also check off that my visit is both vacation and business.

I usually make a joke with the immigration people. When asked the purpose of my visit I respond "I'm here to visit my money"

Cap

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - JamaGinger - 04-26-2015

Captain...what is a TRN, please?

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - kaycee - 04-26-2015

Not detained but  I have had to show secondary Id, printout of my trip details and contact number for my driver.

Because of my last name I have to get double checked and my Luggage searched two and three times. 

Some people are able to breeze through immigration but not me...they give me hell. Ask multiple questions and I have even been pulled aside to have my wallet checked.

RE: anyone detained by immigration? - captaind on Zion Hill - 04-26-2015

(04-26-2015, 12:05 PM)JamaGinger Wrote:  Captain...what is a TRN, please?

Taxpayer registration number