The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
can someone post on happynews site? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: can someone post on happynews site? (/showthread.php?tid=100880)

Pages: 1 2

can someone post on happynews site? - CardBoardBox - 03-24-2015

(No, the web site is not broken)

All my posts to the happy news site never get approved by the monitor.  There is some information (a reply, completely different subject) which should be shared and I'd be pleased if someone would.

Send me an email (see this contacts page) and you can have all the info to decide what you want to do with it, if anything.

Harmless

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - kylake - 03-24-2015

I think Booger still post there but since, I don't go, I don't know for sure. If he can still post maybe he will assist you.

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - CardBoardBox - 03-24-2015

Thanks anyway, but I'll just post the information here.

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - booger - 03-24-2015

(03-24-2015, 07:03 PM)kylake Wrote:  I think Booger still post there but since, I don't go, I don't know for sure. If he can still post maybe he will assist you.

Thanks for volunteering me Kylake...... LOL

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - rastagirl777 - 03-25-2015

Booger, TAH and I'm sure more post over there.

Do you need to be heard "over there" that badly?

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - kylake - 03-25-2015

Quote: booger wrote: Thanks for volunteering me Kylake...... LOL
Anytime booger:-) I just know you post or at least used to and I don't anymore. If CBB has a valid posting I know you are not afraid to challenge the owner of that board.

I don't even go to read anymore but did login to pick up a PM from Cap since he could not post here (I believe he is having a login problem on this board).

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - CardBoardBox - 03-25-2015

Thank you for offers of assistance (which IMO would be assistance to the newbies elsewhere) but I do not want to cause any waves for anyone.

Give me awhile and I'll post my dirty laundry here and you'll see what was "timely" is now less important.

I will say that seeing some old user names I remember from way back when was somewhat warming to my heart, but basically I'm an unknown, except on miyard where I enjoy participating.

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - Angel - 03-26-2015

you are not an unknown, please post away.

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - Raine22 - 07-09-2016

(03-25-2015, 10:17 AM)kylake Wrote:  
Quote: booger wrote: Thanks for volunteering me Kylake...... LOL

I don't even go to read anymore but did login to pick up a PM from Cap since he could not post here (I believe he is having a login problem on this board).

I had a login problem also for 6 months, no matter what I did I could not get in. I had to become a new member and add 22 to my original poster name of Raine.

RE: can someone post on happynews site? - CardBoardBox - 07-10-2016

When I saw this thread back on top I did a "hummm" but when I saw who started it, I did a mental WTF?

I had forgotten I posted it. And I forget exactly what I thought was so important. I found many notes/thoughts from 15 months ago in my notepad folder for the events did cause me much grief in terms of sleepless nights.

I don't recall if the premise was I had medical supplies to bring down, or that no one was responding to the guy who asked about cameos (soldier clothing, which is banned), or a third thing.

I firmly believe that the first posting by a newbie has to get approved, but thereafter it is automatic. Hence zero posts means nothing "bad" will get through which has to be deleted.

The Medical supplies (which I brought down directly to the Negril Clinic) required me to ask "Where to?" because "where" was only in the subject line and that was NOT on my full display of the full message. So I got a nasty-gram and my post went poof.

The cameo clothing, probably citing the official pages on the JA site, never saw the light of day IF I had tried. Post number still zero. Info finally got on the site.

The biggie for me, which didn't involve trying to post, was when there was much talk about the US issuing an advisor against traveling to Jamaica, and everyone, including the owner, was saying it was a lie. I found the "Official US statement" and sent an email of HOW I found it and WHERE it was. Never got a thank you or an acknowledgement privately or publicallly in the published posting of "I found it." He got a lot of positive feedback for his resourcefulness, and I felt pissed on.

There was another private email which politely said someone (happed to be his wife) quoted the rule/law wrong about staying more than 6 months on the island.
Got another rude email. Turns out that the old rule was now officially "6 months per calendar year."

Just as the recent Ganja regulations has 3 loop-holes in their 2 ounce limit rule they had not anticipated,  there are contradictions (for want of a better word) in the 6 month rule. I said to myself I was going to fix that, but I never got beyond step 2,  and let it slide. It needs fixing.

I was banned twice on the happynews board. Highly unusual to be unbanned once, none the less twice. I hope I might still someday go over there and not see "you are not allowed to post", "you are not ...." but I just never went back to see. Sure I could register under a new name, ask about taxi-fares or hotels, and then have free acesss, but I just don't want to rock someones canoe.

Oh, I also got a whole internet block blocked at the site. That got lifted because there are other people in Pennsylvania.

Why did I get banned? Well some might wonder. First one was when I was insensitive / sexist. A little extreme but water under the bridge. I was wrong.
The 2nd one I only partly found out about. Anyone remember if I posted it? Because only happy news was allowed for a period, I would private email how to avoid a bad trip (do not walk near the bushes at night on the beach, etc.) But it was NOT that type of email. I was told  that my email frightened the person who did not know who I was. But because that person was active on the board, I wouldn't be told whom. That pretty much nixed any chance of ME understanding or know what I wrote nor being able to express my sorrow and regret. Hey, the fault is on me, not on the person who communicated to the owner that the email was frightening.

As to private emails or messages (both of which are permitted on this board, user selectable, if the email addr is legit), they can be useful. There was one girl who was planning a wedding. 600 posts on negril dot com and 800 on travel advisor. I  did a lot of email privately to help her out. One out, one in, on and on. Nothing to do with either board. I'm probably the only person who found out details of life back home, post wedding, as she was ticked off and disappeared after her one post-wedding post where she said her wedding was ruined when a car arrived instead of a limo at the airport, and someone replied to her message on the message board "get over it." She overreacted and it was a disservice to disappear after all the help/answers people on the board gave.

Crap. (I don't like using the S word). I've typed all this and now reailize I could have deleted this whole thread to make it go away.
But I like to share. I want to be liked, or respected, or at least tollerated. (the last is better than some alternatives.) I've been wanting to use the quote "I come  to bury Ceaser, not to praise him" but I just can not make it fit. The other board has a profit motive, and one can not denie that nor fault the owner. Mostly anyway. It's the same thing for politicans who want a job and then show distain towards any citizen who expects more, or even wisdom, from those in power. I wish China wasn't aiming at controlling the world, and its people as they are, or that fishermen weren't destroying the sea in their greed to make a buck, OR so much other