The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Trapped for 5 days... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Trapped for 5 days... (/showthread.php?tid=100874)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Sharleen - 03-19-2015

I used to be really good about keeping a stash of food, especially if we had a bad storm and power outage, I would keep about three cans of some kind of nutbread and small cans of pineapple juice and water -- I would also hardboil some eggs when a big storm was predicted and have a couple of six packs of small water bottles. I haven't been doing this lately but after hearing your story of only having fish and deer meat I might start again.  Also I would make sure I had enough wood to burn for a couple of days.  Last month I just read was the lowest temperatures every recorded for the month of February where I live.
   It's spring tomorrow & we are having a 13 degree night with snow predicted for tomorrow.  YUK!
    I had the most horrid thing happen to me yesterday.  I have two of those wrought (sp?) iron things that I hang hanging plants on in my backyard, but during the winter months hang bird feeders on.  Of course the squirrels raid it.  So after I came home from work yesterday I went out to refill it.  A squirrel had obviously fallen down and was wedged between the base of them both (the bases are close together).  It's arms and head were stuck and I could see blood & I didn't notice it until I started pouring bird food into the bird feeders.  And it started struggling -- I pulled the wrought iron things apart and it got loose.  It couldn't climb the nearest tree and really really limped off.  It was an awful thing to witness, I just feel so bad! 
   Anyways OT, I hope someone comes to rescue you with a snowplow!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - CardBoardBox - 03-19-2015

squirrels a problem? Saw a bird feeder (box anyway) of typical design (clear tube, hung vertically, with cutouts) and it was surrounded by a wire mesh containing holes/square-openings large enough for birds to go through.

Of course, a feeder dangling on a rope might keep them abay, but they jump. Saw a youtube video of a guy who set up a course the squirrel had to follow to get to food, requiring the squirrl to figure out how to overcome the barriers (ie, crawl inside a tube, etc). Smart critters.

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - oldtimer - 03-20-2015

I'm FREE !!!!! 2 hours to get er done AFTER !!! the road roll got busted through !!!!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - rootswoman - 03-20-2015

Well that's good - in fact that's the best news i have heard today!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - daniel - 03-20-2015

hang in OT spring  has to get here someday ... 
glad your not these folks ./.
http://bangordailynews.com/2015/03/20/news/state/ferry-trapped-in-ice-off-nova-scotia-since-wednesday-with-40-aboard/?utm_source=BDN+News+Updates&utm_campaign=2725114c84-RSS_AFTERNOONUPDATE_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_715eed3192-2725114c84-82491489

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - kylake - 03-20-2015

Glad to hear you are out an about again, OT. I would suggest stocking up again on the essentials like beer:-) As far as squirrels and cats* (trying to catch the birds to kill and nothing more*) they best stay away from by bird feeders!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - oldtimer - 04-05-2015

check out the web cams for River John that Kylake posted here . This is how much snow we have now .
^FT^&R%E^^*%^$E^T&%.... bumba winter !!!!