The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Trapped for 5 days... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Trapped for 5 days... (/showthread.php?tid=100874)

Pages: 1 2

Trapped for 5 days... - Oldtimer2 - 03-19-2015

I have been literally trapped in my house  ,this being the 5th day . I have 6-8ft of snow all over my property and on my driveway (600ft long ) There are drifts that are 8-10 ft in some places but at this point it's hard to tell. Just me and Spud . Food is getting lower ( lots of deer meat and fish ) in the freezer but milk gone ,bread gone , juice gone ,fruits gone and it will be like this at least 1 more day . The wind hasn't stopped and my tractor is frozen in but is too small now to get the snow out of the way . The tractor/plow/snow blower guy hasn't been passed .It would be no use at this point . Tomorrow I will probably have to call someone with a skidoo to take me out and then back in . At this time it would be next to impossible to get through the snow to the road on foot . There are probably LOTS !!!! of senior's in the same boat as me and worse with no food . I've been nursing a case of beer and have 6 left . It might be Dr. Phil and the beer for lunch...hehehe This is not funny anymore , kind of like house arrest !!!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Kandm - 03-19-2015

Oh no OT! That sounds miserable. Glad to see that you are hanging in there and trying to keep an upbeat attitude about the situation. You are so right (and thoughtful) about other seniors who may not be as well supplied as you were. Hopefully there are family members and neighbors keeping an eye out for those less fortunate.
Tomorrow may be the first day of Spring, but where I am in the northeast, it means little as well. Temps in single digits still this morning with more snow coming tomorrow. But this too shall pass-eventually I guess. Hang in there and good luck!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Sharleen - 03-19-2015

Sorry to hear about your plight.  That happened to me one time and I had a baby in diapers.  I couldn't even open my doors the snow was so high.  I was so really thankful that there wasn't a power outage.  Finally my parents were able to get out of their house and dropped diapers off at the bottom of my really long and unplowed driveway.  Glad to hear that you at least have some food on hand.

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Tim - 03-19-2015

Sounds serious- only 6 beer left!! 

I have watched news stories the last while, sounds like a good snow year, unlike the mountains out west this year.

Would love to see some photos of your place. Saw some pics from Halifax on the news, looked nothing like when we were there last summer,

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Oldtimer2 - 03-19-2015

I would like to take some pics but I don't have a cell phone or a camera.Even if I did it would take me from now to the end of time to post them.Go to the River John Nova Scotia web page and there are 2 camera's there that you can see what's happening.

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Firemon - 03-19-2015

Time to round up Spud and hook him up to the dog sled.  Mush.

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - Schuttzie - 03-19-2015

I'm sorry you having to deal with that still! Yes, there are probably other seniors snowed in and hopefully, have someone who will check on them.  I hope you are able to get out tomorrow and get stocked back up!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - rootswoman - 03-19-2015

Oh Gosh OT!  That is NOT GOOD!

I hope you get some supplies in soon.  Its a good thing you have Spud in there to keep you company.

I do hope there aren't any seniors shut in and suffering - In least it sounds like you have power - if the power was out I would be truly worried.

Natural disasters often bring out the best in people - I hope folks are looking out for their neighbors and checking up on any seniors who live alone.

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - rastagirl777 - 03-19-2015

OMG - OT!!!!!  Melt snow for water - seriously, that's what the Stupid Stolpas did when they stranded themselves out on highway 80 in back-ass California.

I can't even wrap my head around how to deal with that (and I live in earthquake country!) - dude, I'm feelin' for ya - take care!

RE: Trapped for 5 days... - kylake - 03-19-2015

Wow, that much snow I could not handle. I also would not like the trapped in feeling.

Note to self: If I ever go to Nova Scotia in the winter stock multiple cases of beer. When you think you have enough get a couple more:-)

Here is the webcam: http://www.riverjohn.com/webcam
Webcam #2 must be out or snowed in but 1 and 3 are showing.

Take care OT and I do hope the other seniors in the area are also well stocked with food and have electricity.