The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Photo Posting Test - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Photo Posting Test (/showthread.php?tid=100872)

Photo Posting Test - dreadneck - 03-18-2015

Quote:Instead of being able to insert a second photo where I want it now the system autoposts everything I've written to that point as soon as I hit upload and includes the second photo way down below the written copy as an attachment.    Not sure what I'm doing wrong but it's happened the last three or four times I've attempted to insert a photo as I'd done before--nope, now it's an attachment and your incomplete post just got posted sans preview. 

The above is a quote from @Firemon which summarizes his experience using the newly updated photo uploader.  I'm going to try it out myself and try to get a sense of his pain point, which will hopefully help me solve the problem.

The first thing I noticed upon starting this thread, is that a list of my uploaded photos is presented above the posting box.  This would make it easy to reuse photos that have already been successfully posted, and also allows new uploads.  Let's try that out:
[attachment=263]
Ok, that photo automatically inserted right where I left off typing. Let's now try a new upload:

[attachment=undefined]

RE: Photo Posting Test - dreadneck - 03-18-2015

Ok, so now I have experienced the "autopost" problem that Firemon called out.  It also didn't really put the first picture into the thread. Did some research and other people are experiencing similar problems on other sites. Will probably have to revert back to the single uploader for awhile.

RE: Photo Posting Test - dreadneck - 03-18-2015

OK, so now I'm using the old photo uploader.  The key to making it work well, is to have your photos well organized, uploading them in the order you wish to display them.
[attachment=1981] 
If you notice, initially, the uploader inserts the photos at your last cursor position, one after the other, but when you go back to add some text and upload the next photo, it gets inserted at the beginning of the post.

Although it's annoying, it's not the end of the world though.  You can cut and paste the photo tags, and move them into the positions you choose.
[attachment=1982] 
The trick to preventing the uploader from always inserting your picture at the beginning of your post, is to make sure you click the desired position in the posting box before you click the [attachment=1987] button

The last clicked cursor position controls where photos are inserted.

RE: Photo Posting Test - daniel - 03-18-2015

hey , I had a bunch of trying times posting photos .  it was hit or miss posting multiple pics.   undefined seems to = too large .    I had no problem with a single image . the problem was ,when trying to insert a second  attached image , it would just post  instead ,,,, a mind of it's own .

RE: Photo Posting Test - daniel - 03-18-2015

thanks dread   I have somehow lost the ability to simply cut and paste a direct link to photobucket or picassa ,,,, am i missing something .. photobucket for videos ??? 

RE: Photo Posting Test - daniel - 03-21-2015

how's it working ?
[attachment=1990]

[attachment=1989]

[attachment=1988]

working great !!!!!!   thank you Dread .