The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cuba... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Cuba... (/showthread.php?tid=100846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Cuba... - Blues Pirate - 03-08-2015

My experience at the Brisas could not possibly be more opposite than the info posted above. I could dissect and correct many points through the entire post but I have better ways to spend my time.

RE: Cuba... - Tim - 03-08-2015

I have to dispute some of westenders negativity as well. 
Now I have only been to Cuba once, we stayed at Club Amigo, which is basically next door to Brisas. I think it would be considered one notch down from Brisas. As we were there for a wedding which took place at Brisas we spent time at both resorts, as well as the surrounding area.
First off, the beach was really nice, could walk quite a ways without talking to anyone, don't recall any vendors except for the market which had some pretty nice stuff. I purchased a beautiful painting as well as a really cool hand made wooden model 1957 Chevy.
The water was great for swimming with a reef close where there were lots of fish. One day I got followed by a school of big Yellowtail snapper, fish that would weigh in the lbs, not ounces.
One day we chartered a boat and went fishing offshore. It was a bit scary, our boat was about a 35ft but the waves were by far larger than us and it was the first time in my life I was concerned out on the water. The only people enjoying the free rum was the captain and mate. But I caught my first ever MahiMahi and my cousin caught a large Wahoo.
Every evening after eating and having a shower we made our way down to a little bar on the beach, not part of the A/I. Drinks were dirt cheap, the place got busy after dark with a mix of locals and tourists. Nothing but fun, no mooching from anyone.
A couple of my relatives are regular visitors there and we spent time at the houses of a few different locals. Even though they are poor, they treated us like gold and anything they could, they offered. One guy had an old ragtop cadillac, still with the original V8 which is pretty rare. We had a nice cruise with 4 of us stuffed in the back seat.
Pretty sure crime against visitors is almost non-existint (how is this a bad thing), despite the poverty that exists.
Did a nice tour of the nearby town on the seat of a horse drawn carriage, saw some interesting sites and our guide spoke good english (as did most people) and he gave us some good history of the area.
Never smoked any weed, was never offered and I never asked. Although I like to smoke I am used to going without and don't even think about it when the time comes. (have to piss test for work occasionally)
Now the food wasn't great in the A/I buffets, but we had a couple good meals in the order from menu restaurant on site, the wedding meal at Brisas was great including endless lobster. We also got invited to a pig roast which was a really great day.
We generally never do A/I and its a reason we don't rush back there, but it was a good trip and wouldn't dissuade anyone from going there.
As for soldiers with guns at the airport - whats the big deal? When I went to Orlando in 2002 there were soldiers with automatic rifles at the gates to Disneyworld. 
Will try to post some pics from our trip.

[attachment=1876]

RE: Cuba... - Westenders - 03-08-2015

See now, remember my thread a few months ago about certain posters on trip advisor , the post above demonstrates my points perfectly.

It adds no value to the discussion on this thread.

Heres hoping to certain people defecting to visiting Cuba instead?

[attachment=1879]

(03-08-2015, 12:17 PM)Westenders Wrote:  See now, remember my thread a few months ago about certain posters on trip advisor , the post above demonstrates my points perfectly.

Huh? Posting about my Cuba expereince in a thread about Cuba. You aren't making sense.

I would post a few more pics but they are too large and I can't figure out how to resize.
Besides, they probably won't add any value to this thread lol.

[attachment=1885]

Found a couple more small enough.

[attachment=1886]

RE: Cuba... - TAH - 03-08-2015

(03-08-2015, 12:17 PM)Westenders Wrote:  See now, remember my thread a few months ago about certain posters on trip advisor , the post above demonstrates my points perfectly.

It adds much value to the discussion. Thanks Tim.