The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Cuba... - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Cuba... (/showthread.php?tid=100846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Cuba... - Oldtimer2 - 03-05-2015

A very good friend of mine and his wife won a trip to Cuba . They found out last Sat at about 9:00PM and they flew out Sun marnin' at 6:00AM . It was for 8 days and was a promotion from Sunwing Travel. These are longtime/often visitors to Negril and they were blowin' away by the service and accomidations .It was in a place called Holiquin(sp) and valued at $1,000CDN taxes and transport in . The food was as good if not better than Negril . In Negril they eat all over the place so that is a good judge . The fish wasn't that good though . He is a fisherman like me but ate very little seafood because he said it was too soft . They went to a ball game which cost $40CDN BUT !!!!! there was a full coarse meal at a restaurant included . Strange compo !?!? Wonderful swimming and snorkeling .HMMMMMM !!!!! 

RE: Cuba... - Blues Pirate - 03-05-2015

Shhhh, don't give the Canadian secret away OT.

RE: Cuba... - Blues Pirate - 03-05-2015

The airport you arrive at is in Holguin but the resorts are located 45 minutes away in Guardalavaca. I stayed at the Brisas once. Great resort, beach and snorkeling.

RE: Cuba... - macyoder - 03-05-2015

The only people that will be going to Jamaica after awhile are those who truly believe crime happens everywhere. The US is taking the dedicated pot smokers back with legalization of weed.  I found a rasta (took a picture with one) while I was in Costa Rica, an eco-tourism heaven. I still vacation in Jamaica but most of my family reside in Canada and go Cuba.

RE: Cuba... - Tim - 03-05-2015

We stayed at Club Amigo, right next to Brisas. Nice beach, excellent snorkeling from shore, fun local bar on the beach to party it up. Zero hassles.  Jamaica has it beat for the food though, no contest there.

RE: Cuba... - suzengrace - 03-06-2015

Sorry Blues Pirates...but now that your southern neighbors have a chance to finally go ...wont be too much of secret.. Just hope  to see it soon before it becomes  too commercialized like cancun, etc.(though i hope that never hzppens- i understand there into the environment there ..).From what i've read and heard from others its a pretty safe place too..ie some petty crime...

Ok ..who else out there interested in going ??? maybe come fall....

RE: Cuba... - suzengrace - 03-06-2015

Macy your right re: the weed...Here in Cali I can go to da shop and pick from 20 or so diff.kinds....most better than anything i've sampled in Jam..

Will say, i dont indulge most, but it is nice to sit and enjoy up on the cliffs looking at the beautiful blue water in Jam.. or at amazing watefall like reach falls in PA...

RE: Cuba... - booger - 03-06-2015

(03-06-2015, 06:36 PM)suzengrace Wrote:  Sorry Blues Pirates...but now that your southern neighbors have a chance to finally go ...wont be too much of secret.. Just hope  to see it soon before it becomes  too commercialized like cancun, etc.(though i hope that never hzppens- i understand there into the environment there ..).From what i've read and heard from others its a pretty safe place too..ie some petty crime...

Ok ..who else out there interested in going ??? maybe come fall....

You know Sandie and I are in, and I'm sure we can convince Brenda as well. I still haven't seen the green light to hit the beach and party like we do everywhere else. Any idea when you can go without acting like you are on a humanitarian visit? And I mostly struggle with the food in Jamaica, so if that is a shortcoming in Cuba like I have read I can deal with that no problemo.

RE: Cuba... - macyoder - 03-07-2015

Jamaica is like a stunning, beautiful woman who can't cook , clean or do the 'deed' . Yes, for some that will be enough but for many lacking. Yes, I am female and one of the joys of posting on the yellow board :-) .

When you travell to places like Jamaica, Kauai, Costa Rica, and California coast, you need to clear your mind of everything, breathe (for some inhale) without a care in the world. At least going to Cuba I am going to escape those who think vacation should be about watching your back and checking ones butt :-) 

RE: Cuba... - RaStar - 03-07-2015

It's going to be a long while before average U.S. citizens can travel to Cuba unless they have family in Cuba or they are travelling under a special license issued because they are travelling due to education, journalistic or church related causes etc... . For the average American citizen to travel to Cuba, that is still years away. This was made clear when Raul Castro stated that before relations become normalized, the U.S. needs to hand Gitmo back to Cuba.

Don't hold your breath.