The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
If your in Negril and going to Drifters - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: If your in Negril and going to Drifters (/showthread.php?tid=100844)

If your in Negril and going to Drifters - Oldtimer2 - 03-04-2015

My friend "medium Bill " the harp player will be there often.He is a very good harp player and after his trip to Drifters last year ,he wowed the crowd . Go and see him !!!! Tell him you know somebody from River John ,Nova Scotia

RE: If your in Negril and going to Drifters - rastagirl777 - 03-05-2015

I really enjoyed a few Friday afternoons at Drifters!  It was the only time I got to the beach and the music and talent were great and high quality.  Lots o' fun.

RE: If your in Negril and going to Drifters - JamaGinger - 03-06-2015

So, I know I can ask this question here and maybe get a straight answer. 

Is the sound system okay now? The day we went we loved the vibe, the drinks and the talent, but the static on the sound system was making me crazy. Then, I went to go the restroom and had to pay. I don't ever recall this happening in a bar in Negril. I have certainly paid to go to the bathroom many times in Jamaica, but I don't recall ever paying to tinkle at an established beach bar in Negril who was selling me drinks.

RE: If your in Negril and going to Drifters - jitterbug - 03-07-2015

i stopped in last december . . . maybe i came in too late, it was around 5 o'clock . . . the music was just ok, a lot of drunk tourists yahooing and doing their antics.

what bothered me the most was the hangers on, there were a lot of young ja men sitting on cars and just hanging around outside. i was alone. . . . it was uncomfortable to be surrounded by a few . . . i made my way to the bar, ordered a drink . . . after about half an hour i wanted to leave. there was an older jamaican gentleman next to me and i asked if he'd mind walking with me to the road. he said ok. turned out he drove a taxi and dropped me of at my hotel. . . . the gaggle of the very aggressive young men made me uncomfortable. not returning any time soon to that establishment.

RE: If your in Negril and going to Drifters - rastagirl777 - 03-07-2015

Sound Systems in Jamaica are at best unpredictable, lol. The "best" one I've encountered I have to say has been at Seastar and actually even better - Grand Lido (they bring all the equipment in from Kingston I believe) for their shows.

Wow, Jitters, that's awful.  Agree though about the Yahoo-ing tourists, lol.  When we went we'd be out of there by 5:00pm.  The yahooing tourists I'd encounter were a little less yahoo and probably get even more yahoo as the evening progresses, lol.

RE: If your in Negril and going to Drifters - jitterbug - 03-07-2015

i don't intimidate easily but that was a circle of young "boys" as compared to my age, like vultures . . . aggressive, in your face type of thing . . . don't want to exprience that again . . .