The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rootswoman - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Rootswoman (/showthread.php?tid=100843)

Rootswoman - Angel - 03-02-2015

I agree having the Sanibel shuffle from picking up shells is so fun. It has been a number of years since I've been there loved it. Been to Sanibel/Captiva and Marco Island I loved getting shells. So Rootswoman if you get the chance to go to Florida go. 

RE: Rootswoman - rootswoman - 03-03-2015

Hey Angel,
Its nice to "see" you , it has been awhile.  I hope all is well with you.

Thank you for this input and validation of a place I really want to visit.
I love shelling. I would feel like a kid in a candy shop.
 My grandparents used to live in Sarasota - they passed away a long time ago but I have great nostalgia for the Gulf coast of Florida. 

I went and looked at images and trip reports on Sanibel the other day- now I constantly have banners and ads on my screen luring me to Sanibel - (I just need a way to get all those banners to fly across Dreadnecks screen and seduce him as they are seducing me)

Any other Florida thoughts out there?

How is it in the summer?  

Sophie - will you go back?

RE: Rootswoman - kylake - 03-04-2015

In the panhandle of FL there is St. George Island but in the winter it will not be a warm there. We used to go every summer to St. George. It is near the Apalachicola estuary and fresh seafood abounds.
If you do go to Sanibel and want to go shelling get a small boat and go into the mangroves. You are walking around in muck at low tide but that is where many of the shell critters grow and come from.

RE: Rootswoman - Sophie - 03-04-2015

I want preface this post by saying that I am HAPPY!! for all of you that can continue to go to Ja. I'm glad that things don't bother you like they do us. You can just call me thin skinned, too sensitive, quick tempered- all true. We had many wonderful times in Negril....lots of great memories. It's just time to call it quits,,,at least for now,,, before every single good memory becomes overshadowed by the dank undercurrent that WE feel.

Now: about Florida. BTW--- HUGS rootswoman. I looked at several areas. Decided on the keys for a few reasons: It would be warm there in December(it was 80-85), no massive multi story resorts and it just seemed laid back and quirky. Of course there are not big beaches there but I know myself well, all I need is a square foot of sand, beautiful water, one tree and peace and quite to enjoy the damn sand, water, tree-LOL

We found the local Floridians to be very helpful and welcoming- they seemed to be glad that we had made the choice to come there and spend our money there. As a matter of fact one gent held a door for us and actually thanked us for spending our vacation there. He said "I noticed your Illinois plates, I have family up there, we really appreciate you driving all the way down here for your vacation." How freakin' nice was that? It wasn't just him either- we heard many times- come back and see us again. And you KNOW all of us tourists must be a PITA for them but they were certainly nice about it.

Smokey had a blast fishing right along the road and off of docks. It seemed that there was always something to catch. Just little fish(didn't matter he wasn't trying to keep any). I was walking around Pigeon Key while he fished. I came back and me was mopping his toe with a paper towel with blood on it- I was like wtf? He said "I caught a long pointy fish, it flopped off the hook on the dock. I tried to just shove it back into the water with my foot and it poked me in the toe" Hmmmm seems it was a Needle fish and BIT him in the toe! LOLOL   Another time he was fishing along the road and I was shopping. I get a call to come back. I get there and he is soaked and all his stuff is soaked. He had caught a Bonnethead Shark and wanted me to see it so he emptied out his tackle box to keep it till I got back. He was using light weight test and was afraid the line would break so he went in after it! LOL In the process some of his stuff floated off into the gulf and the rest was soaked-LOLOL

Anyway- yes we are going back! In the summer when it is HOT and I can enjoy the water, cause water must be super warm for me. Here are some pics
[attachment=1778][attachment=1779][attachment=1778][attachment=1779][attachment=1780][attachment=1781][attachment=1782][attachment=1783][attachment=1784]

Sorry about the duplicates- I couldn't get rid of them.

RE: Rootswoman - Oldtimer2 - 03-04-2015

That looks really nice . Thanks for the pics.

RE: Rootswoman - Tim - 03-04-2015

Love the shark picture. I spent a couple days in the keys about 13-14 years ago. We decided on it while vacationing in Miami/South Beach. Pretty neat drive with all the long bridges. Key West must be the place where all the freaks go to die lol. All kinds of street performers. Would love to go back, mostly for the fishing opportunities.

RE: Rootswoman - kylake - 03-04-2015

Bahia Honda Key State Park has a nice beach and camping. I have been there a few times.
http://bahiahondapark.com/guests-photo-gallery.cfm