The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law (/showthread.php?tid=100839)

Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - kylake - 02-25-2015

http://news.yahoo.com/ganja-jamaica-eases-marijuana-law-072723795.html

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - Allan - 03-31-2015

Nice to see acknowledgement of the hypocrisy.

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - Tim - 03-31-2015

Seems to be the future of ganja. Depending on the upcoming federal election Canada could be next.

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - Passion4Diving - 03-31-2015

Well, there is still one more step before the act of Parliament becomes law: now that the Governor General has signed it (and what took him so long?), it has to be published in the Gazette.

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - rastagirl777 - 04-01-2015

Proud to be a Californian!  We woke up almost 20 years ago with the passing of Prop 215 and the rest of the country just followed suit. We still have the most liberal medical statute - now we just have to work on getting it legalized PERIOD.

2016 is the year it will all get wrapped up for us...I'm pretty confident about that.

As far as us, as recommendation holders "applying" for a permit (that probably won't get to us until the day we leave) forget it.  Its DEA bait, its customs bait.  I know that with this paperwork filed with the Jamaican government I will never know a moment's peace entering the USA again.

Thanks, I'll pay the fine.  It will be a sight to see - the tax office in Sav (which I've been in many times pre and post A/C) filled to the brim with tourists with Nannies in their hands, lol.

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - macyoder - 04-08-2015

I don't have anything against the legalization for self sufficient adults. I hope the side effects wont be too bad on Jamaica kids and possible future of the country. To get to school they will have to by pass  explict posters and  lyrics, plus 'drug' use. We can't stop kids from being raped and murdered, so smoking , really no big deal, I guess. 

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - troublemaker_420 - 04-08-2015

I can't possibly see how this would negatively affect Jamaican youth.  As it stands now, they are already exposed to ganja and its promotion.  Changing the status from "illegal" to "decriminalized" will have little effect on that.  What could possibly change, however, is that the resources once concentrated on harassing someone over a spliff could ideally be redirected towards more efficeint policing and "real" crime.  For example, when Colorado legalized, crime rates actually went down while tax revenues rose.  Something similiar could eventually be a maje blessing for Jamaica.

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - Oldtimer2 - 04-08-2015

Isn't the real intend to legalize weed to get the kind of weed that has lots of CBD's and not so much THC ??? It will be just grown different ...wink , wink !!! Nothing will change . People won't be smokin' in Walmart or on bus tours , it will be just the same as it is now EXCEPT you won't be worried about transporting a little . They are working on a tongue scrapper to test drivers so that will be no more of a problem than drinking and driving . Proabitchion (sp) vs education...pick one !!!

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - troublemaker_420 - 04-08-2015

Agreed Oldtimer...Not sure how lumping decriminalization in with children being raped and murdered helps anyone.  Talk about an unnecessary escalation in drama!  As has been said, little will change aside from the possibility of going to jail over something so benign.

RE: Ganja! Jamaica eases marijuana law - macyoder - 04-08-2015

"People won't be smokin' in Walmart or on bus tours , "

Ok, not in Walmart because they aren't any in Jamaica, but wanna see da picture with the server and the spliff. I wouldn't post it but yes, the place lacks boundaries and too many discretion.  Dorothy you are not in Kansas, anymore. Weed was always decriminalized for locals so if you cross the wrong cop, that 2 ounces will turn to 2 pounds. Maybe justice shall prevail, who knows. YES, I agree about education about drugs, sex and the works. I haven't read about any program in place, is there?

I HATE THE OPEN USE OF WEED AROUND YOUNG CHILDREN, ESPECIALLY MINE. So nothing will change, time will tell.