The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Another West End murder - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Another West End murder (/showthread.php?tid=100837)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Another West End murder - booger - 02-24-2015

Tonight an 18 year old lady lost her life. Three of her friends also shot up and in critical condition. Sad to hear the news for the loved ones involved.

RE: Another West End murder - Blues Pirate - 02-24-2015

Locals?

RE: Another West End murder - oldtimer - 02-24-2015

YIKES !!!! How far west ?

RE: Another West End murder - Tim - 02-24-2015

Let's all remember - things like this can happen anywhere, right? What is the population of westmoreland? And how many murders so far in 2015?

RE: Another West End murder - rastagirl777 - 02-24-2015

Lime Tree lane - I read the same story on Facebook, haven't heard anything from my friends on the ground.

Yes - locals.  I hear the girl was Connie's niece Sad  Just venturing a guess - gang related violence.  And its been going on since before Facebook....the difference I see is that there are WAY too many guns out there - more than ever.

Lime Tree Lane has a "rep" of being the "stalky" lane - drugs, particularly crack and other social problems.  Its the next lane heading towards town from PeeWee (aka Ella) lane, across from Blue Cave Castle.

Yes.  It happens everywhere all the time - but it doesn't make it any less tragic.  It just sucks.

RE: Another West End murder - Sharleen - 02-24-2015

KINGSTON, Jamaica – An 18-year-old female is dead and four other women are at hospital, each in serious condition, following a shooting incident in Negril, Westmoreland Monday night.
Dead is Ombretta Jackson of Lime Tree lane, West End in the Parish.
The police report that that about 8:45 pm, Jackson was among people at a shop in the area, when they were approached by two armed men who opened gunfire hitting Jackson and four other women. The gunmen allegedly made good their escape on a motorcycle.
The injured were taken to hospital where Jackson was pronounced dead and the four other females admitted.
Meanwhile, Commissioner of Police Dr Carl Williams has strongly condemned the shooting of the women and has called on the public to support the police in their efforts to apprehend the criminals.
According to a release from the Corporate Communications Unit (CCU), the commissioner said “no effort will be spared to track, find and bring to justice the cowardly gunmen who seem bent on turning their weapons on the most vulnerable in our society, our women and children”.
Anyone with information that can lead to the arrest of those involved in this shooting are being asked to call the Negril Police at 957-4268, Crime Stop at 311, 119 emergency number or the nearest police station.

Well you're the expert of Negril RG777. How many murders around Negril in 2015 so far? The violence there is out of control.

RE: Another West End murder - Winni - 02-24-2015

Wow Tim, can't get much more rude than that. 

Us, who have places in the Westend, do not want to see this anymore then anyone else.  What do u expect RG777s answer to be? 

RE: Another West End murder - rastagirl777 - 02-24-2015

Tim - why don't you jump on Google with the rest of the Monday morning quarterbacks and CHECK?

That's your response to this tragedy?  Shameful.

I guess you couldnt read the sarcasm. Not being rude or shameful, but whatever, you are always right.
I hate the constant violence in Negril, and its a tragedy all the prople that die there from it. Its THE reason I hesitate to visit there. I value the safety of my wife above everything else. Sorry I guess because I dont own a place there, or dont stay there 2-3 months of the year, and havent travelled there for 30 years and know every person on the west end I guess my opinion doesnt count.
My point was the countless shootings and murders do NOT happen everywhere. The city I work in has a population of over 260,000 people. Yesterday they had their first murder of the year.