The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Re-Entry is a Bitch - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Re-Entry is a Bitch (/showthread.php?tid=100832)

Re-Entry is a Bitch - rastagirl777 - 02-19-2015

Just thought I'd check in...
Got back Tues 1/27 late...got up early Wed 1/28 and sat down at my computer and didn't get up (for catching up on work) until I left for NY on Friday AM.  Where I landed to single digit temps (it was in the 70's in Bodega when we returned).  Spent a week in NY trying not to freeze to death or slip on the ice and break my neck.  Loaded up with $150 worth of genuine NY Deli (tongue, corned beef, pastrami, derma...the usual cast of characters) I came home on the 4th...and had a little pre-birthday party on the 6th with my best girls and the hub.  On my birthday I woke up with a crushing headache and a fever of 103 which lasted 4 days.  I'm on the other side of this "sick" (flu+pneumonia) now and find that I am FIRST going through re-entry woes even though I've been home now for 3 weeks (I was so sick hub had to do all the unpacking).

So...I'm a bit depressed, having a hard time focusing at work....and moving along.  I have frozen fresh ackee in the freezer.  I think I'll cook some up for us and the godkid this weekend.  I'll also go through the pix (I didn't take that many this time) and make some notes to try to "encapsulate" my 2 1/2 months there...I've been so many times, stay for so long but there are certain years that are just "special" - and this was one of them.  Stay tuned for more upbeat musings.

Thanks for listening.

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - oldtimer - 02-19-2015

All the way from Nova Scotia....I'm listenin' !!!

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - rootswoman - 02-19-2015

Oh Gosh,
I hope you are feeling better.
We both had the flu for a good ten days and it took a couple of weeks to get back to 100%
Rest and drink lots of fluids and don't push yourself too much or you wont get better. It comes in waves and you might think your better for a bit but it comes back again.  
I heard we are contagious until you are 24 hours without any fever, so stay home!  This years flu is brutal.

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip - glad it was a good one!

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - rastagirl777 - 02-19-2015

It was brutal RW and I thought of you when I had it knowing you guys had had it too...

No worries about staying home - I couldn't even get out of bed!  I have people that work here so I just nestled down in the bedroom with pain meds and cold compresses.

Thing was - I was supposed to travel back to NY that Friday - by Wednesday it was obvious that wasn't happening.  Hub jumped in, my precious god-daughter took care of me the rest of the weekend.

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - Sharleen - 02-19-2015

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip - my place where I always stay is I think three doors down from you.  In the 1970's I lived in the house just before Dennis Lynch for many years.  Yes, New York is quite the place NOT TO BE this winter, it has been quite brutally cold with too much snow.

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - Winni - 02-20-2015

Isn't that always how it is?  The better the time away in JA the worse you feel when you return. Ugghh.  Always start that crazy feeling of excitement to get there but all too aware of how I am going to feel when I return.  I guess that is why I have begun to return to the Peg in late March, with hopes that the weather will break and I can at least return to the outdoors...

Hope you all feel better soon, that musta put another layer on the cake...

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - vikesinja - 02-20-2015

Sounds like you could have the Chik virus.

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - kylake - 02-20-2015

Good to hear you are feeling better Rastagirl. Look forward to your trip report and pictures when you have time to post them. We will in JA soon and plan a day trip to Calico Jack's at Halfmoon beach based on what you posted a while back.

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - Tim - 02-20-2015

Winni- do you spend the entire winter in Jamaica? Central Saskatchewan suffered from a lack of snow until late January. Not that we lacked in coldness. I laugh when I see posts about the cold- they have no idea.
All good right now. Wife and I are enjoying the endless sun and heat in Puerto Vallarta. Did some awesome zipline action today, tomorrow heading out fishing in Banderas bay.

RE: Re-Entry is a Bitch - rastagirl777 - 02-21-2015

One of my best girls in Negril is from Saskatchewan (she's been living in Negril full time for almost 15 years).  Just about every morning she'd report that it was -40 degrees there.  It got to the point where I believe it is ALWAYS -40 degrees there, lol.

Here in bucolic Bodega it is 70+ degrees and sunny.  Yup - I don't go to Jamaica to escape the weather.

Head coming out of ass - some musings of my stay soon come.