The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril And The Towers Of Babel - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril And The Towers Of Babel (/showthread.php?tid=100830)

Negril And The Towers Of Babel - JonTom - 02-18-2015

article/letter today
Negril And The Towers Of Babel - -Diana McCaulay

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/article/commentary/20150218/negril-and-towers-babel

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - suzengrace - 02-18-2015

Too bad NONE of the requirements are adhered too or enforced..Someone had some good ideas... 

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - rastagirl777 - 02-18-2015

This is the stuff that makes me crazy.  Plans for more development on the beaches in Negril????  While planning at the same time for a crack-pot unproven and potentially disastarous break-water to....save the beach????

This is too f*ed up for words.  The community in Negril will NOT stand for it.  Not one bit of it.

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - kylake - 02-18-2015

Too bad the 1984 planning was not adhered to, but then again in most places foreign money talks and planning walks.

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - Sharleen - 02-19-2015

in the early times many of the Negril hotel owners & people living there worked really HARD on making sure the 7 mile beach didn't end up with high rise structured hotels.  It is still a beautiful beach.  I really hoped that the Jamaican Tourist Board would realize what a treasure Bloody Bay was, like JFK who stopped development of a part of Cape Cod -- if the JTB realized what an absolute treasure Bloody Bay was....  an undeveloped absolutely beautiful caribbean beach.  The Rui ruined it all.  This cove could have been such a large draw if it was designated as a natural free and beautific beach/cove/natural park area by Jamaica.  I remember in the 1970's and 1980's what it was like there on Saturday and Sunday with Jamaican families and their children enjoying the beach.  And in the 1980's enjoying going to Office of Nature.  In the 1980's I was able to spend lots of time there with my two little girls, two weeks at Christmas, two weeks in February, pretty much the entire summer.  One time at Office of Nature I had dropped $20 -- it's hard getting from the beach to my rented car with a 3 year old and a 6 year old.  Office of Nature people came running after me asking if the $US 20 was mine.  I totally MISS the fact that I really don't feel comfortable or able to drive in Jamaica anymore.
   I really really hope that the Negril beach doesn't become a high rise building type of place, that would totally suck big time.  When I am in Jamaica I really kind of spend NO time on the beach -- maybe in the first week or so.  When I lived there full time, I would maybe go to the beach one or two times a year, mainly when I had visitors from home coming in. 
   Oh yeah & I'm kind of freaking out health-wise.  So maybe three weeks ago I had to drive myself to the Emergency Ward, I thought I was having a kidney stone attack.  I had one about 12 years ago -- I actually thought my appendix had burst or something -- absolutely the worst pain, like 10 times more than natural childbirth.  So today I found out that I have a "growth" or "cyst" on my bladder.  I have to go for an ultrasound next week.  I hate health problems & I hate blood tests & I hate Doctors appointments & I have been healthy all of my life.  I am scared for sure!

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - oldtimer - 02-19-2015

They will build what they want , when they want by whoever has the $'s . Construction , destruction it doesn't matter . But the really question is ..." where is all the poop going "....

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - rastagirl777 - 02-19-2015

OT - I've seen the poop stream roll by my house (more than a mile offshore is my guess) when the currents are moving south.

Gross.  But I've also seen many dolphins at play while hanging on my back porch Smile

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - oldtimer - 02-19-2015

One nice thing...one not so nice thing . Just think of those poor fishermen pulling their boats through that before even starting work and then washing the fish off in it just before people buy their catch .

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - rastagirl777 - 02-19-2015

You know, I've never seen the boats out when the poop was out - usually because it was in the late afternoon and the fishers in our area work mostly in the AM.  The spear fishers work all day and they have eyes like I do...

RE: Negril And The Towers Of Babel - oldtimer - 02-20-2015

It's not when they are setting nets etc it's when they are pulling their boats out of the river by the wharf . YUCK !!!!