The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired (/showthread.php?tid=100828)

Pages: 1 2

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - fatty pondirock - 02-19-2015

I'm confused......this is from the second link you posted Skyjuice:

"An enhanced driver license (also known as a passport card) eases your ability to travel in and out of the United States by land and sea, doubling as a drivers license and passport."

"Bear in mind that you cannot use an EDL for international air travel. Passports are still required for when flying to and from the U.S. You can, however, use an EID when flying domestically for boarding planes."

Pretty sure Sharleen would be flying to Jamaica....or, am I missing something???

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - fatty pondirock - 02-19-2015

That's why I'm thinking Sharleen needs a passport to get into Jamaica. She would be entering by air. If she was entering by sea she could use an EDL.

" eases your ability to travel in and out of the United States by land and sea"

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - skyjuice - 02-19-2015

I think you are right

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - CardBoardBox - 02-21-2015

The two web pages are prone to misinterputation and contain factural errors. For the site to convey that a $30 passport CARD is less expensive than a $110 passport, while true, is misinformation because the card is issued only if a regular passport has been issued and is current.

I emailed the site, as if that will do any good.

As I perceive the card, you can flash it driving the Mexico and Canada lines instead of having the full size passport. I won't get into returning by boat, or flying among those Caribbean countries listed, or the Enhanced Drivers License because I do not know.

Interisland travel might by OK with the card (which seems weird because the US issues those cards) but I need a regular PP to get into Jamaica, so, case closed. As for intra US travel, one can fly without any ID but they subject you to 20 questions (probably in a little room) of things only you and they know about you, such as if you wear boxers or briefs.

There was a scam/fleecing years back for an International Drivers License, circumventing having a US DL, so they advertised. Ha. That scrap of paper (from triple-A?) was usable in conjuction with a real DL. Renting a scooter on the island; they never asked. But maybe because I was never stopped for a violation. In the US one needs a motorcycle endorsement, meaning more $ for DMV, although a MC only license is cheaper if you do not drive a car and maybe someday take the automobile test (over again.)

Tangent 1; the chip is US passports is made by the same company as the SIM chips in the news. But our government already has your information.

Tangent 2; there is a little "edit" word on the bottom of the posting/text box. Is there a time limit allowing a person to modify their own post?