The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired (/showthread.php?tid=100828)

Pages: 1 2

32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Sharleen - 02-16-2015

I just discovered my passport expired in November 2014... I was trying to leave NY as soon as possible I really cannot cope with this horrid frigid weather.  I don't have a garage, I have an 1/8th of a mile
driveway.  I do have a snowplow guy who actually yelled at me last night for not having my car brushed off.  So I put my car keys & double the money on my front steps.  From where I live I usually go out via Charlotte, South Carolina & come back via Philadephia.  The weather predictions there totally stink for the next few days. For years I used to travel to JA with my drivers license only.  Anyone know whether an expired passport is exceptable??  I am definitely looking to get out of here as soon as possible.  We have had so much snowfall I can hardly get to my car.  I was so incredibly lucky that my car started today when I had to pick my daughter up at her job.  This winter here where I live has been the worst I remember for a long time. 
   After living in Jamaica for many years, I moved back to New York State in 1979 because of being pregnant.  My husband & I decided we were going to change our lifestyle, get jobs, which we had some how avoided for many years.  With great happiness I should add -- we lived in London for three or so years -- very nice time we had, from living in luxury to living in a really cheap bread and breakfast place where we had to light a gas burner to take a bath.

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - CardBoardBox - 02-17-2015

Mi no believe I'm actually responding to this.

ASAP is three weeks due to the expired passport. An expired one certainly IS ACceptable for passport renewal (for a limited time) but NOT for International flying. Lead time for renewal (3 weeks) is a guess.

Did you snow plow man jump on you for the unbrushed car because it is illegal in some places, or that snow & ice flying off the roof while driving has caused some really serious crap to other drivers, or did the plow man almost hit your car with his plow? Did you ask?

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Westenders - 02-17-2015

Sharleen

Bless you, its easy too see from your last few posts that you are totally fed up with the cold and snow.

Don't know how you cope with it. We had a couple weeks of snow since xmas and -6 lowest temp.  Horrendous, so feel for you.

Hope you get your passport sorted and feel that sun on your face soon....

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - rastagirl777 - 02-18-2015

I was in NYC within 48 hours after landing in California from Jamaica.  I landed to single digit temps and was bombarded with freezing cold, snow/sleet/rain falling from the sky (I call it "slushing" as opposed to snowing or whatever) and trying my best not to break my face by slipping on ice.

I'm in NY every winter.  This is nothing new.  But it always reminds me why I got the hell out of there 30 years ago.

Yeah - three weeks to renew a passport + $75.00.  We all have to do it every 10 years Smile

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - CardBoardBox - 02-18-2015

RG777 and I (in 2016) are probably almost in the same boat as Sharleen because the fee on travel.state.gov says 110 US. I know the last jump was because of the microchip they added in '06 or '07

There is an additional $25 fee if you don't do everything by mail, but read the fine print.

The web site says 4-6 weeks normal processing, but right now is not peak time and 3 weeks might be realistic. More money = faster, yet for even more than that gets FedEx return, but there was some wrinkle in doing such.

Please let us know (hopefully from the warmer weather of Jamaica) what steps you actually went through and the costs. Keep your spirits up.

Expired PP (w/in 5 years) allows renewal via mail.

http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/information/fees.html
http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/passports/renew.html

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Venusdelondon - 02-19-2015

Hi Sharleen,

I know exactly how you feel - but you can do this!

Write a list of everything you need to do.  Be methodical, tick things off as you go.  Step by step to the sun.  

As you are in NY - is there a passport office you can visit and get your passport v fast?  I used this service here in London just last year for my son.  Surely if us Archaic Brits can do it, you Super Efficient Yanks have got it sorted.  It cost more obviously and security is super tight, but they give you an appointment time and your passport is then posted out within days.

Get the car sorted too and anything else outstanding, then you can just go, relax, be smug and wallow in completeness.

It has been unbearably cold for us too in the UK.  I just cant get warm, regardless of heating and layers, I am chilled to the bone.  As my son says, who misses Greece the most out of all us "it hurts"!

Chin up - bikinis at the ready - you will get there! x x

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Raine - 02-19-2015

I guess I should stop complaining about the cold here, it's -16C. Keep warm guys.

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - Winni - 02-19-2015

Come on Sharleen do it!  You can be in Ja in just a couple of weeks.  Maybe I will c u there....

w

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - skyjuice - 02-19-2015

Enhanced driver license looks valid in your state, it might be faster and easier than a passport.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Hemisphere_Travel_Initiative

RE: 32 degrees below zero & passport expired - skyjuice - 02-19-2015

This is a better explanation.
http://www.dmv.org/articles/what-is-an-enhanced-driver-license/