The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Never been to Mexico - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Never been to Mexico (/showthread.php?tid=100821)

Pages: 1 2

Never been to Mexico - Winni - 02-13-2015

Was standing in line to buy some lunch yesterday.  I normally bring my lunch most days, but wasn't feeling it much this week. 

A couple of guys right behind in the line are having a conversation about some trips that they had done.  First they were talking about Mexico, Cancun I think.  One guy asks the other how he liked it, second guy answers that he didn't.  He made the comment it felt like being in the States to him.  Apparently there is a Starbucks etc.  I found that interesting, because I have many friends that have travelled to Mexico, but I have been able to 'see' it in my head.  He summed it up for me in one sentence LOL. 

They then went on to discuss Jamaica, of course, my big ears perked up even more.  Second guy said he loved it!  Said it felt like a foreign country to him and that was what he had been looking for. 

I understood that as well. 

The line to purchase food didn't to take that long at all.... Happy girl

RE: Never been to Mexico - kylake - 02-13-2015

I have never stayed in Cancun simply travel through it to get from the airport to wherever I am going. If you stay in Cancun hotel zone you might as well just book a hotel in Miami.
That said if you get out of the hotel zone in Cancun there are some really good authentic Mexican restaurants and I am sure much more.
That said, we are leaving shortly and heading back to Jamaica:-)

RE: Never been to Mexico - Winni - 02-13-2015

Kylake - I think that is exactly what he meant.  However for me living up in the center of Canada going to Miami would definately be a different culture LOL

Going soon?  When ya leaving?

RE: Never been to Mexico - Bob and Pat - 02-13-2015

We stopped going to Cancun when they opened a Walmart down there back in the early 90's.  Got "hooked" on Akumal for awhile, but even that is going downhill...fast!! 

Glad we still have Negril...is it May, yet??

RE: Never been to Mexico - Winni - 02-13-2015

Hi Pat!Byby

RE: Never been to Mexico - Tim - 02-13-2015

Wife and I are heading to Puerto Vallarta this Sunday. Staying in a small hotel in the romantic zone. Nothing like Negril or Cancun. Great beach, not so good for swimming. Vendors that know what "no" means. The fishing can be great, caught a 80lb sailfish there last trip. Awesome street food, and 4 or 5 blocks of walking inland from the beach and you are in pure Mexico, next to no english speaking people, just very friendly Mexicans.
That being said, we are in the early stages of planning our Christmas 2015 vacation, still trying to decide between a return trip to Negril, or a first for me (second for wife) trip to Costa Rica.

RE: Never been to Mexico - Bob and Pat - 02-13-2015

(02-13-2015, 05:03 PM)Winni Wrote:  Hi Pat!Byby

Hey Winni Smile 

RE: Never been to Mexico - booger - 02-13-2015

Kylake summed up Cancun very well. I have been all over Mexico and actually enjoy it very much. Once the US decides to do the right thing and end the war on drugs you will see Mexico come back in all of it's glory. The Caribbean side of Mexico is fantastic and you have a lot of places that are not Wal Marted out if you take a little time to research your options.

Mahahual is a great example. Carnival built an entire cruise ship port there, but just a couple of miles away it is awesome. Head south from there into Belize to mix it up a bit. 

RE: Never been to Mexico - booger - 02-13-2015

Thanks former POTUS for stating the truth.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/13/bill-clinton-apology-drug-war-mexico_n_6680412.html

RE: Never been to Mexico - kylake - 02-14-2015

Winni, I don't like to post exact dates publicly but we will be down soon. You going anytime soon? If so we can use the board PM and try to hook up for a drink or meal.