The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1301 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1301 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1393 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 498 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1356 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1356 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1393 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 498 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message

Jamericans
Oldtimer, some Bob Marley Stories - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Oldtimer, some Bob Marley Stories (/showthread.php?tid=100819)

Oldtimer, some Bob Marley Stories - Sharleen - 02-12-2015

OK Oldtimer, you are about the only board person that I realize what it was "back in the day" before the fame came to the Wailers crew.  And how they travelled island wide, mostly in search of the best herb.  As well as how very friendly and available with his big smile Bob Marley was.  So I lived in Negril far west end in the 1970's when he was building his place in Little Bay & he and his crew would stay at Awee Maway Village, the place many of you know of as just before the Rockhouse on the left. 
   One time I got to go to Kingston with all of them, first looking for Bunny Wailer in some really scary neighborhood, and later in a rather more horrid neighborhood in Kingston.  All these people kept coming in to get shoes that were brought in from London (from where the Wailers just returned).  The street was scary, sewer smell.  The gun shots were scary, I was I think 20 years old.  The house, once inside smelled of fried chicken and had pictures of Jesus Christ all over the place.  With all of the shots outside, they  kept reassuring me " yah safe wid we"....  I can't tell you how I felt SO GOOD to eventually get back to Negril. 
   I had to move out of Jamaica in 1979 --a total heart break for me -- I was pregnant, my husband and I decided we had to change our life... there was NO WAY I was going to give birth at the Sav hospital or have a kid go to school there.  The first winter back in NY (1979) whew.... was beyond hard.   After living in what we now laugh at "paradise" but in the 1970's it really was a kind of paradise.

RE: Oldtimer, some Bob Marley Stories - Oldtimer2 - 02-13-2015

The hardest thing for me was when my kids were there (school time ) but when they weren't there it was hard to .But having said that it was a lot of fun as well.It was Sept 3rd 1965 when I landed at the airport in Kingston . I had only heard of Jamaica ,I knew nothing about it . The taxi drivers came out onto the tarmac ,got our bags and I don't ever remember going through customs or anything . We had a VW and off we went into the wild blue yonder . We had to go to work so we had to find Ewarton .Adventure ever foot of the way . The 1st time I went to Negril would be probably Feb ??? We use to go to the east end of the island .Lots to do on weekends then . We did all the stuff that Errol Flynn and those guys did .Drinking was secondary to adventure . At that time stealing and bumming was not a thing to account for . We would take some of the old Rasta's on road trips . Most had never been more than a few miles from the hills .1/2 had no clue about anything at all ,smelled bad but were nice guys .How any one thought that these guys had wisdom was beyond me . It's a good thing that weed wasn't that strong then or they would have appeared autistic for the most part .How growing dreadlocks to your feet can be a job is still beyond me . One good thing was that they didn't cook with salt  but cooked in aluminium pots . Go figure that out .

RE: Oldtimer, some Bob Marley Stories - Venusdelondon - 02-15-2015

Lovely, vivid memories from both of you.  Very enjoyable little interjection from the past.

"it's good thing that weed wasn't that strong back then or they would have appeared autistic for the most part"20

Well that is hilarious!! - reminds me of telling my kids just the other night about a gig I went to recently - 
"Nev used to sing with a band called The Specials!"
My eldest nearly choked and roared through tears of laughter "The Specials"??!! - It's not cool in 2015 is it?

Anyway great gig and great thread .... more please and thank you! x x