The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Drinkin'..what's up with it - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Drinkin'..what's up with it (/showthread.php?tid=100802)

Pages: 1 2

Drinkin'..what's up with it - Oldtimer2 - 02-08-2015

A question I ask myself everyday while on vaca. I've drank a ship load of rum in my life BUT !!!! NEVER !!!! on my boat . That is an end of day event . Do people on vaca that don't drink tip if they buy a non alcoholic drink ??? I pay the same for water , pop ,or beer or hard drinks . Am I crazy or am I doing the thing that helps the cause ? If I buy 5 drinks and tip .50cents each drink or I buy 1 soft drink and tip $2.50 I think that the waiter is getting his/her due .Am I correct ? When I travel along the beach and drop into a bar I pay $500J for a Red Stripe because usually I am only buying 1 there and it's nice to see a smile . If I go into a bar and the waiter is on the cell ,puts it down to open a beer , picks it up again not saying a word ,should I tip ?

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - Tim - 02-08-2015

Your thread title is confusing - are you asking about drinking or tipping?

I have always tipped on service, better service equals better tip. What anyone else does is their business.
And like most people, I don't drink while at work either. When I'm out on my boats, good chance there is a cooler on board, along with cold beer. But my boats are strictly for pleasure, no work involved.

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - Vicky - 02-08-2015

Hi OT, 

I am a NonDrinker and whether I order a water or blended fruit punch I do tip.

On occasion I have cancelled my order and moved on because of crap attitude.

I Don't have the tolerance anymore! Ha

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - rootswoman - 02-08-2015

I am a pretty generous tipper having spent far too much of my life serving and bartending.  

Yes for sure - tip no matter what is the drink - you're tipping on the service not on the drink.

Nope - don't tip if they don't get off the phone.  That is just plain rude.

OT - you are a generous tipper and I am sure it makes people happy.

After many years working for tips I came to the following conclusion.  The people with lots of $ (an especially those FROM) money are the most conservative tippers.  If they give you 20% they feel quite proud and it is not their normal.  (They usually only tip 20% if they have a son or daughter who worked as a server and taught them to be more generous)  They give %15 percent (and are careful not to tip on the tax) as that is socially acceptable and they have done their duty.

The blue color folks - those who know what hard physical work is, are the best tippers.  Sometimes they tip so much it can be almost embarrassing because you know they arent making all that much. In my last bartender job (Bar Harbor, Maine) the best tippers were the dishwashers, the cooks, the other servers, bartenders and the folks who worked on boats. When the cruise boats came to town the crew would belly up to the bar for a few rounds and walk away leaving hundred dollar bills.  (They didn't have a lot of time to spend money out at sea)

The hoitey toitey would be quite demanding, but cheap, the working class were always the heroes.   

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - Firemon - 03-28-2015

This is for you OT.  Imagine how many folk's order another round just to watch this young lady bartend.

http://i.imgur.com/G05fg20.gifv

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - Oldtimer2 - 03-28-2015

Can you imagine if she was a peeler as well !!!! That would be impressive at the NASCAR sunday get-togethere's !!! I'm giving her a 10 !!!

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - CardBoardBox - 03-28-2015

OT, she deserves an eight. Watch the ending of the two on the left.
Right on about a waitress knowing when the customer is/has been a waitress Rootswoman.
But, 2nd hand story out of Grand Ledo, an AI; Upon the first drink, new customer gives bartender a $20 tip. When it's time for a refill, which he had to get his attention, the bartender asked what he was drinking. Conclusion; maybe there they believe all foreign are rich, or the bartender was used to being tipped generously.

15% on food, excluding tax and booze at dinner. 20-25% if deserving, which isn't hard to accomplish. Sadly, if they aren't worth the $2.75 an hour rate back home, they'll get 10% as a messsage.

On island, if I can afford a red stripe, I'll go J$50

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - kylake - 03-28-2015

Where I live the tax is 9.75% so when the bill comes I simply double that and round up the change. Of course if they are exceptionable in service I go higher.
What is a crime is what servers are paid to start with, not all but most, establishments do not even pay minimum wage.

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - Oldtimer2 - 03-28-2015

I don't mind tipping at all as long as there is service . And I don't mean unreasonable service , I;m talking about " blue collar " nice service !!!

RE: Drinkin'..what's up with it - Firemon - 03-30-2015

Say when.

http://i.imgur.com/Yn54ve4.jpg