The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? (/showthread.php?tid=100781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - macyoder - 02-09-2015

Jamaica is unique so where ever you go there will things that reminds you of it. There is one huge exception, now you can enjoy it without the drama, hassle, and game.  Your VACATION, not trip, will now be like Burger King, to have your way. Jamaica is one of the most foreign country I visit some days, because half the things said is heard or interpreted differently. 

Americans say - No thank you

Some Jamaicans hear - YES, because thank you means YES. As for the no part, some think you are stupid for saying NO/YES. Some wonder, if the answer is no, why are you thanking me. 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Jenny - 02-10-2015

As I know you all know, trying to "compare" Jamaica to Costa Rica, or any other place, is like trying to compare apples & oranges. You just cannot view it that way! I've been to Jamaica (lots), Costa Rica, and although I've not been to Belize, that's on my itinerary whenever it becomes affordable for me. I won't approach any of these by comparing them to the other; that's not fair. So will just look upon any new place I visit as a "new experience." Having said that, I do find that the eastern coast of Costa Rica to have some of the things I love about Jamaica. Of course, then there was the rare occasional thing I didn't like; the MAJOR potholes (although maybe that slowed drivers down, huh?!) & the fact that the owners of a property where we stayed had all 5 of their dogs poisoned on the back of their property, after which they were robbed. I got the feeling that that doesn't happen a lot, but it certainly gives me pause when I think about retiring to another country; my dogs' & family's safety comes FIRST.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - gerryg123 - 02-11-2015

when you say no thank and walk away, eventually they get the hint, lol