The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? (/showthread.php?tid=100781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - jitterbug - 02-03-2015

A while ago I came across the
 Board for belize. Kind of the same as hamaica as far as safety goes.  I will look for it when i return from cabos.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - rootswoman - 02-04-2015

Hamaica?  lol   - was that a typo?  

Jitters - I have not been to Cabos and would love to hear how you like it.  There are good deals to go there from here - it seems that it is THE place to go.  

(((((((((Suzengrace)))))))) - just wanted you to know you are still in my thoughts - I imagine this is all just sinking in right now .  Sending you my love.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - jitterbug - 02-04-2015

Rootswoman, yes, a typo!

our last night in cabos and a 2nd trip to riu santa fe, we love it so much!

Can't find one bad thing to say! Except when can we return?

There are singles, couples, weddings, families with kids like ours, older people! A mixed bag!

Lots of good nightly entertainment! Food is fabulous in the buffets but not the a la carte restaurants. 

We went to downtown cabos for dinner last night, ate at alexander's, right on the pier, excellent steak and prawns and I had fresh raw oysters! Good but expensive!

Actually the internet connection can only be had in the lobby and courtyard unkess you pay $12 U.S. PER DAY! 

So overall, I'd give it a 4.5 star on my radar!

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - rootswoman - 02-05-2015

I was wondering if it was a subliminal slip.  I know many of us have a love/hate feeling for Jamaica these days - lomaica - hamaica - lo/ha -maica -  you get the point. 

Several people in my swim class go to Cabos and my Yoga teacher is going there tomorrow - im feeling like we need to check it out someday.

How are the beaches?   Is the water rough?  Is it clear - I mean can you see the bottom? I love the turquoise water and white sand of the Gulf so much Ive been hesitant to go to Cabos and be disappointed.  I have never really liked it when you cant see what is in the water with you.

Im glad to hear you are having such a good time.  

I am sure you have been to Cabos Suzengrace - you are such a traveler.  By the way, if you need a fix of green this spring-summer we you would be more than welcome in Oregon.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Jenny - 02-05-2015

((((Suzen)))), I've been somewhat aware of what has happened to your friend/family, and I am so, so, so sorry. Wish I could wave a magic wand, rewind & change all that stuff.

Suzen, I would highly recommend that you check out the eastern/Caribbean side of Costa Rica, as a couple of others have mentioned. Don (hubby) & myself went there, I want to say, 5 or 6 years ago, and it was FANTASTIC!!!!! What we love about Jamaica was all there (the Jamaican music, the people, the FOOD!!!!, the vibe, etc.), but without the crime & senseless violence. Actually, it is a really interesting melting-pot of not only Jamaicans, but obviously also "Ticos" (which means "resident of Costa Rica") & expats from North America, Australia & other parts of the world. We felt SO at home there! Very laid-back & friendly. We walked everywhere. We did rent a scooter one day & explored some parts of "the jungle" back off the roads. Anyway, we stayed in both Puerto Viejo & Cahuita & found many, comfortable, affordable accommodations & restaurants as well. When we had the scooter, we went down south on the coast to Manzanillo, where we had THE BEST meal on the beach there. Then, we walked on a little-traveled path into Panama! Seriously! There's NO "border-crossing" there, you just walk along the sea into Panama! It was great! We found the Cahuita National park (in Cahuita) to be an incredible place to explore. Check out this link:

http://costa-rica-guide.com/Natural/Cahuita.html

Obviously, I may be a bit biased (LOL), but Costa Rica was a sheer delight!!!

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - jitterbug - 02-06-2015

(02-05-2015, 03:26 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  How are the beaches?   Is the water rough?  Is it clear - I mean can you see the bottom? I love the turquoise water and white sand of the Gulf so much Ive been hesitant to go to Cabos and be disappointed.  I have never really liked it when you cant see what is in the water with you.

rootswoman, the ocean is clear, but extremely dangerous with undertoes . . . no swimming even for the best swimmers . . . same condition both times i've been there . . . the ocean does not compare to the beaches of jamaica but has its advantages . . . we observed wales right off the infinity pool . . .

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - suzengrace - 02-07-2015

A big thank you to everyone for kind words and suggestions..

Jenny, I've also heard that CR the eastern side would be a good match-and airfare form LAX is reasonable...Its on my list,as well as panama area and Belize has already been on my radar awhile... just need the time and $$ to go check em all out..

Someday I will go back to Jam..for now, it would be too sad and certainly not the same..and my disgust and anger would have to be greatly reduced..But yeah....i will go back...

In the mean time i will keep reading this board and keep up with all of you good folks and da runnings on the rock.. BTW, another things that really sucks about this whole tragedy..i will really miss seeing some of you and not getting a chance to meet some of you...  The only silver lining i can make out of this is that i've really been wanting to see the world as much as i can-and not having Jam to go to will free up time and funds to make that happen ...

but yeah, still sucks 4_14_6  miss my partner,my house and all the stuff we had in it, my 2nd life in Jam and my friends/acquaintances i would see there.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Vicky - 02-08-2015

Dear Susangrace,

I do not know you but I would like to extend my deepest condolences for the loss of your partner.

It's devastating to lose your man but when you lose your home and contents as well that you both once shared is hard to accept.  

I completely understand the anger you must feel.

As time passes the anger will soften.

Hold on to the wonderful memories you have.

Take time to heal Susangrace....

You are stronger than you think ! (Hugs)

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - macyoder - 02-09-2015

I know this hits hard so my thoughts are foever with you. 

I really don't think there is any place like Jamaica so find someplace and enjoy the adventure. Single digits before I head to Costa Rica and then in another month or so I will visit Belize and Roatan. Your experience will be so much different when you as a tourist to explore and enjoy. Last year we went to the St. Thomas and really enjoyed it and would love to do Southern Caribbean eventually.

I am really excited about 10 days in Costa Rica so I wil share picture and thoughts.  

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - suzengrace - 02-09-2015

Wow Macy..going to lots of places i want to visit..Looking forward to your pictures and thoughts.... 

Yeah, maybe its a good thing that there are no others "jamaicas" ..Time to think bout new places ,new adventures, new chapter in my life..

and sounds like i need to brush up on my California Spanglish..,,lol visiting all these spanish speaking countries...