The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? (/showthread.php?tid=100781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - rootswoman - 01-28-2015

(((((((Winni)))))))  

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Firemon - 01-28-2015

Bloody awful.  My sincerest condolences.

Does the thought of visiting Cuba interest you?  Might be fun to see Cuba before it really starts changing for good. 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Angel - 01-28-2015

Suzengrace (((HUGS))) to you that is a lot to deal with know it was someone who was near and dear to you. Shit goes on everywhere. Some places more than others. But you having your world turned upside down is painful. I think a lot of us go to Jamaica for different reasons. And get different experiences. You may not ever feel like going back but maybe in time you will. It will never be the same without your partner. I hope they prosecute the women  involved but that is another issue. So for now bless you and hang in there.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Sharleen - 01-28-2015

I still love Jamaica very much, for many years I stayed out in the far west end just before the lighthouse (Citronella) and really only hung out there and went to Bloody Bay (prior to Rui being built) almost each and every day.  For about ten years or so I have lost my ability to drive in Jamaica (really a sadness for me) -- the other drivers seem just so crazy and driving so REALLY fast, I just can't do it anymore. 
   Jamaica is just an easy place to go for me in these times, as a solo traveller.   My daughters used to come but oldest one has three kids, youngest one is one of those people who "never go in the sun".  Plus I can usually have her watch my pets when I am away - a giant plus. 
   So basically Jamaica is an easy place to go, I know right where to eat, I change up my places to stay, I have an amount of Jamaican friends there, I can feel relatively safe where I stay.  I do feel relatively protected there since I have been going there for so many years. Still, I do try and stay out of the radar so to speak & keep to myself other than immediate neighbors.  Christmastime is quite a crazy week, which is when I am usually there.  I do enjoy the events at The Caves though.  I usually leave on Jan. 20th since that is when the students come back.  One thing, my favorite thing actually, that I always bring to Jamaica is my goose down pillow.  It takes up quite a bit of luggage space but each and every night I LOVE that I brought it.
   I do usually travel to the John Crowe Mountains.  In the 1970's you could take a train from Montego Bay to Kingston, the train situation got totally RUINED in one of the big hurricanes.  This train trip was truly an experience though.  So I still go up into one of the towns on the train trip.  The non-existence of the train passing through has totally changed the town.  But a huge river passes through, very beautiful.  Totally "country country" area of Jamaica. People STARE at me (like they have never EVER seen a white person), ask me if they can touch my hair.
   I know after some of my friends from the former Awee Maway Village, which became Pickled Parrot, I REALLY kind of tried to become like one of those "no-see-um" bugs when I was there.  And I did a good job of it!!!  For the hey-day of stage shows at Kaiser's Cafe, I would arrive at 12:15, knowing show time wasn't until 12:30. 
    I will always enjoy and love Negril but SO much crap and badness but I can always figure out how to avoid it I am thinking.  It is a beautiful little town, I love being located ocean front west end.  An absolutely wonderous morning view, no matter that you can't jump into the sea because of the rough sea. 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - oldtimer - 01-30-2015

Kaizer's...the best of the best . Often copied but never duplicated !!! Back in "the day " they had those lovely guys on the street protecting the people who were not on their "A" game . It was always safe on the west end then. If the bars would only hire some "strong arms " to run the streets again " problem solved " . Some really good beatings of petty crooks right on the street ,that's what is needed. I'm a big believer of quick and rough law taken in your own hands .

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - booger - 02-01-2015

Hey Suzen,
First, I am truly sorry to see the pain that has been brought on by this senseless act. You are a sweet lady and Sandie and I both feel for you.

Regarding a place like Jamaica, I have yet to find one. The Mayan people who populate Isla Mujeres are as kind as can be, however Isla lacks the physical beauty of Jamaica. I do have to say if you are a foodie that you cannot go wrong on Isla Mujeres. I have a buddy who enjoys Jamaica and says that Roatan is the closest vibe he has found. It is on my bucket list and if I make it before you do I will be sure to report back.

Shoot me a PM if you are game to see Chronixx next month in Santa Ana. Take care lady.....

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - kylake - 02-02-2015

Suzen, I have not investigated yet but just read this article.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/02/what-to-do-in-nicaragua_n_6524202.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Firemon - 02-03-2015

Go here...this gal (Amanda Walkins) is on island time.

http://awalkontherun.com/

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Sharleen - 02-03-2015

http://ambergriscaye.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/
Belize & Amber Caye are relatively close to you.  I have been looking into that area for a time, they offer people interested in retiring there great incentives which Jamaica does not offer.  It always greatly bothered me that when I lived in JA I had to leave every six months & incur the expense of having to fly to Miami every six months for I think 48 hours.  A total waste of money.  One issue that I have problems with as far as Belize is that  (from the message board) I have sort of realized that there is a definite "petty theft" problem on a daily basis.  Again, I am very sorry for your loss of a loved one. 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Tim - 02-03-2015

Sharleen- just wondering which message board you are referring to in regards to Belize. We spent time in Placencia a few years ago, loved it there.