The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? (/showthread.php?tid=100781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - skyjuice - 01-26-2015

I am very, very sorry for your loss.

Latin America anywhere on the Caribbean side you will find island vibes. 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - rootswoman - 01-26-2015

SuzenGrace, My heart has been aching for you,

I wrote a long post raving about Isla Mujeres and why I thought it would be a good place for you to visit if you haven been there yet.
(and then I somehow managed to loose the post)

Mainly, I found it to be one of the most relaxing places I have ever been.  I also think it's an ideal place to travel alone.  It, being an island, feels so much safer than Negril.  There isn't poverty so there isn't all that hassle and beggy beggy.  No fast cars - you can rent a golf cart and tour the entire island.  The food is soooo good and fresh with every type of food to choose from. Most of the restaurants are on two main streets so you can walk around and read menus comfortably without being bothered.  The people are so nice and they love animals.  The beaches are beautiful .  We met the nicest tourists there.  Its an easy ferry ride from Cancun which typically means you can get a good deal on flights.  

I can go on and on but I already did that in my last post so please ask any questions

My favorite thing is that it reminded me of Ios - the greek island I used to live on.  Ios was the place where hippies from all over the world went back in the day.  It was set up in such a way that you would run into the same people all the times because the restaurants, cafes, shops and bars were mostly clustered together.  You can explore the village without any hassle.  

I have been to many Caribbean islands - The US virgins, several of the BVIs , Barbados, St Barts, St Martin - all beautiful places , all easier than Negril, and all more expensive.  While I am sure you would like any Caribbean island I think it might be a hard time for you to go there. I think seeing people that look and sound like your Partner would be very hard right now.   I know that after I lost my boyfriend in a car accident when I was much younger, it was really hard to see people that looked like him.

Once again I want to remind you I am here if you need to talk or anything.   Kylake knows a lot more than I do about Isla Mujeres - I have only been there once but I have been wanting to go back ever since - I can't say enough good things.  

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Sharleen - 01-27-2015

I am so sorry for your loss of your friend.  I am thinking that I know him from a picture you once posted.  Skinny little dread from over by Little London area, I can't recall his name this late at night...  he had a little place up on the west end for a time where he always kept logs burning.  Iston maybe was his name??
    My children's godfather Harry (RIP now) lived for years and years in JA & then got totally sick of this place.  His good German friend was murdered (knifed to death) up in the hills of Green Island, then his good Jamaican friends eight year old son was killed in a hit and run accident -- that did it for him, he was "DONE" with Jamaica.  He started going to Dominica "Dominicaak" and he LOVED it very much.  I'm not talking about the Dominica Republic, just the island of Dominica. 
    Please respond, I was a friend of Iston as a west end person and if he was murdered I would be really sad.  I am very sorry for the loss of your great friend even if it wasn't Iston.  

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Winni - 01-27-2015

Sharleen, where on the Westend you talking?

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Venusdelondon - 01-27-2015

So Sad!. I really hope, in time, you find peace.

I have been to St Lucia - its alright! - Very pretty, postcard caribbean - almost kitch, stunning landscapes but small and I actually feel safer in Ja - wouldnt fancy being in St Lucia on mi tod.  My Cousin and his family Christmas in St Kitts every year and tell me it is officially the safest of the Caribbean Islands but then I think they are all in bed by 10!  I quite fancy "Spice-up-ya-life" Grenada and Dominica does look very beautiful, both on my bucket list but Im not done with Jamaica yet, which will always be an idyllic holiday destination only for me - don't need no more reality thank you!.

Go soothe your soul and maybe not in the Caribbean.  A lot of my UK friends visit Thailand regularly and rave about it and my niece is hooked on South Africa.

Whatever you decide it will be the right thing and I am so happy to see so many people are here for you....take care of yourself.

Love every time x

I am wondering if this is the situation:
http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20150122/news/news1.html
His place & I can't remember the name of it, the name started with an "S" -- it was where Medi stayed long term, up a lane I think before Xtabi.  The dread hung out alot at the former Rasta Restaurant just before Samsara.  Suzanne-Grace, I am really sorry for your loss.  I might have the wrong person in mind (Iston)... he was just a person I knew from the west end road for many years. 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - rastagirl777 - 01-27-2015

Sharleen - Summerset Village?  Royal Kitchen?

yes for sure Rastagirl777. Royal Kitchen & Sommerset ... he had a small board house kind of perpenditular to Sommerset in the bushes.  Again, SuzenGrace my sincere condolenses to you for your loss of a loved one. 

Iston, I'm thinking this is the dread SuzanGrace is referring to:

http://www.negril.com/discus/messages/286862/286241.html?1264739697

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - oldtimer - 01-27-2015

Holy crap ...that thread went back a long ways . How can people with dreads that long work ???