The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? (/showthread.php?tid=100781)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - suzengrace - 01-25-2015

I really need to getaway..I cant go back to Jam anymore-at least not now..want someplace with same similiar vibe..where i have been to and wont cut it (though i love the place in their own right)'
purto rico and viques, Tulum mexcio (wish it had carib vibe..love it there) the virgin ilsands, Dominican rebublic..

I was told St Lucia lot like Jam.. 

my jam partner of 7 years was recently murdered by family members..it was in the observer, etc.. there is only one side to story ..their collaborated story how abusive,etc,etc,,and then spin to how music was too loud music (who gets murdered over too loud music in Jam ??) .so i need a place to go and decompress all this shit that has happen..i love the Caribbean and was hoping you good folk have some suggestions..

I will say Jam is a pretty darn good place to vacation in as a traveler.(was fabulous when i first went as high schooler in 83).and if you want to get more involved and live there ,even part time, better be involved with the ex=pat community...If you venture out into the real ,local jam culture..where few foreigners thread (unless family been there for generations) expect the worse ..esp if it involves money,land, or even insignificant material goods,and expect it from people you'd usually be the less to expect it from..

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Schuttzie - 01-25-2015

Oh, my goodness, Suzengrace!  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  My sincere condolences and prayers to you, this is a horrible thing for anyone to go through.  Many hugs and positive healing for your heart, my dear!

We love Puerto Rico but it doesn't quite have the same vibe as JA.  I hear Belize is wonderful (on our bucket list) and laid back.  What about Isla Mujeres? Some on this board have been there and maybe chime in.

I hope you find a place to heal your heart and spirit, Blessings to you!

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - fatty pondirock - 01-25-2015

Susan.....my heart is hurting hearing about Milton. He was a good man...newspapers are full of bullshyt!!! We are praying for you through this incredibly hard time. As I told you earlier....if there is any thing we can do for you here in JA...please let us know!!!!  God Bless Milton...may he R I P.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Kiknback - 01-25-2015

That is awful, I can't imagine what you are going through.  I hope you can find peace.  

Puerto Vieja on the east coast of Costa Rica was probably the closest I have felt to the Jamaican vibe...  that may be a good choice.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Raine - 01-25-2015

Oh suzengrace, am so sorry to hear. I know the pain of losing someone you love. I heard my Mom talking about this she read in the Jamaican newspaper. Here is wishing you healing with the pain you are dealing with.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - oldtimer - 01-25-2015

Yikes...the glock rules the night . I am so sorry for your loss.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - jitterbug - 01-25-2015

so sorry for your loss susan. so conflicted about jamaica . . .

i've been thinking about roatan for a couple of years now. met a woman traveller at bar b barn who does both ja and roatan and she feels that the vibe is very, very similar to ja. she has travelled all around the carribean and roatan is the closest according to her. . . . i'll take her up on the challenge.

wishing you recovery . . .

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - rastagirl777 - 01-25-2015

Suzen,
I am so shocked and saddened to hear about the loss of your man.  Oh honey - my heart breaks for you.

As far as your next "soft spot" - and you will find it....I'm hearing wonderful things about Belize, Honduras and Panama. As a matter of fact one of my friends here in Negril, who has been here for over 40 years now goes back and forth between here and Panama.

Sending prayers to heal your aching soul...big love at ya gyal.

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - Westenders - 01-25-2015

Suzengrace

I can't really think of anywhere that I've been that would compare

I just wanted to send you my condolences for your tragic loss.
I hope you find somewhere that can help you heal, 

And sod the media, you know your man 

RE: cant go to Jam anymore..Where else?? - daniel - 01-25-2015

So sorry for your loss. we share your pain and pray you find peace .