The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Eating out question - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Eating out question (/showthread.php?tid=100764)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Eating out question - booger - 01-15-2015

Nice title for your thread.Happy girl

Every time I have eaten at LTU the server has been surly. The food takes forever, however the Chicken Lola and Pumpkin soup are really good. I also enjoy drinking there as the vibe has always been great. 

Connie at Jenny's makes everything great. From a tasty basic egg sandwich, to bacon Mac and Cheese, to whatever your heart desires. She can make anything, just let her know what you have in mind. While my examples are not Jamaican, a great cook can cook pretty much anything well, and Connie is a great cook.

Teddy's at BCC is also a great spot. You can set up in the yard and take in the great view while you wait for his food. He takes request as well with a little notice. 

If you want Lobster you can see the family at Auntie Thrill, near Treehouse, and pick out your own fresh lobster out of their cage. 

RE: Eating out question - saeyedoc - 01-15-2015

Thanks for the Auntie Thrill rec, looking forward to some good lobster this week.

RE: Eating out question - kylake - 01-15-2015

Thanks Booger, What is BCC?
For lobster I have been going to Fireman's pit at Our Pastime and never been disappointed.

RE: Eating out question - Westenders - 01-15-2015

Kylake BCC  is blue cave castle
We went to firemans this time, but he only had 3 lobsters which wasn't enough for our group. Went to Boardwalk village who were able to accommodate us and were equally as good.
We teased him when we saw him out in the club later, 3 lobster in his cages lol.
RG The vibe and clientele at ltu, seemed to be tourists , ex pats and long stay visitors. 
The server looked down her nose at us, which for that neighbourhood is weird. My hub and uncle are from right there, and are part of an original well known family,so it's not first time she has seen them. 
A jamaican breakfast is on the menu, hardly a speciality in jamaica.

We also ate breakfast at negril treehouse who catered for all. Knew a lot of the staff there...what a difference, chatty friendly attitude, with no snobby put downs for being local...

Then my hub put his foot down and said no more tourist joints lol...

RE: Eating out question - kylake - 01-15-2015

Thanks Westender for letting me know what BCC meant. Sorry Fireman did not have enough food to accommodate your group. I know he mentioned last year he was working on a restaurant of his own in Lucea. Do not know how that is turning out and figured it might distract him from the pit at Our Pastime.
I was wondering if he would be there (Our Pastime) this year or not......guess the answer is yes.
Anyone know much about Banana Shout other than a bar that is all I know. LTU was on the list last year (never made it there) but after comments from a couple of you that is now off the list. Just like Isla Mujeres there are a bunch of places to eat........just starting a list for some in Negril using all of your suggestions.

RE: Eating out question - rastagirl777 - 01-16-2015

"RG The vibe and clientele at ltu, seemed to be tourists , ex pats and long stay visitors. "
When you were there?  Nuff locals hang there too - hey.  Its my local watering hole, what can I say?

I'm sorry you didn't have a good time there.  I guess its not everyone's cup of tea.  Me - if I feel like having a drink when I've finished the dinner thing at home - its my "go to" spot and has been for years.  Just another neighborhood hang...and a place where "everybody knows your name".  For me at least.