The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril Harrassment article - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril Harrassment article (/showthread.php?tid=100747)

Pages: 1 2

Negril Harrassment article - JonTom - 01-03-2015

Visitor Harassment Continues To Haunt Negril

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20150103/western/western3.html

"There have been instances on the beach where tourists have told these vendors that they do not have money to make purchases and they have been told by them that they must go back to the hotel and get their credit card."

My word. Say it isn't so. It should make me feel faint.

lol. If that was the worse going on from vendors we'd all be lucky.
Perhaps more aggressive behavior could not be printed/stated.

Disclosure: haven't actually spent much time walking Negril beaches in the past few years. But what little time I have, got more than enough higgler aggression than I cared for.

RE: Negril Harrassment article - booger - 01-03-2015

That Police lady is full of shit. Rarely do you see the police on the beach, and when you do they do they obviously are not addressing the problem. She needs to push her ass away from her desk and the cameras and go spend some time down there. 

This is by far the biggest complaint I hear from tourist. And sadly many people could not be bothered......

RE: Negril Harrassment article - gerryg123 - 01-03-2015

harassment is by far the worst problem. The problem for tourists is it is constant.

RE: Negril Harrassment article - oldtimer - 01-03-2015

Relentless !!!!!

RE: Negril Harrassment article - Bruce - 01-03-2015

It's what has kept us from going back. The last visit was just too much for my wife. Walking Norman Manley was just as bad or worse than the beach.

RE: Negril Harrassment article - wendy - 01-04-2015

Men at WORK

RE: Negril Harrassment article - Papa Georgie - 01-04-2015

I understand "time tuff".  First week of December of last year we spent a lot of time

sitting on the beach not walking so much.  We noticed what seemed to be an increase of "vendors" over last year at this time. Could be our imagination.  Our hotel security would not let them even close to the hotel guests so we were not really "harassed".

Seeing the hat guy, the patties guy, the cigarette guy, the music guys was OK. What was disconcerting was the number of "vendors" who passed by who had nothing in their hands or or visible to sell!  I assume many had contraband to sell. 
My wife spent two days at the hotel pool so as not to see such a parade of gloomy, aimless, waifs.

RE: Negril Harrassment article - Blues Pirate - 01-04-2015

The article states several reports of these vendors telling the tourists to go get their credit cards. So seriously folks, do you honestly believe that these hustlers walking the beach have a portable cc machine? Gimme a break!

RE: Negril Harrassment article - captaind on Zion Hill - 01-04-2015

I've walked the beach a few times this year and never experienced what I would call "harassment".

Might be because I respond in "middle class" Patios to any approach. Even had one walk up to me who's first words were "you live here?"

When asked where I am staying I say "at mi yard in Spring Garden"

Most "vendors" have a second sense about who to approach

RE: Negril Harrassment article - jitterbug - 01-04-2015

(01-04-2015, 10:53 AM)wendy Wrote:  Men at WORK

those pics should be sent to that woman that's behind her desk . . .