The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Christmas Holidays / feeling kind of disfragmented - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Christmas Holidays / feeling kind of disfragmented (/showthread.php?tid=100722)

Christmas Holidays / feeling kind of disfragmented - Sharleen - 12-16-2014

So usually my plans are all set, I leave on either 12/26 or 12/27 flying from Albany NY to South Charlotte NC to MoBay.  Kind of crazy time -- my usual place of stay Citronella is all booked up so I have to kind of "wing it" until I can get a reservation.  Sometimes "Ocean Palace" .. I don't really feel too safe there, other times Golden Sands, I really feel VERY safe there - Christmastime it is NOISY though.  Then once the Christmas time craziness goes away and I can get into Citronella as far as a reservation it is nice!
   My yard is an icy mess -- we had a "snow event" which when walked upon, rained upon, etc. turned the place into a place you don't want to walk upon.

RE: Christmas Holidays / feeling kind of disfragmented - jeannieweenie - 12-16-2014

I miss Christmas in Jamaica. I spent 3 seperate years there over the holidays.  Some of my best memories, shopping in Black River on Christmas Eve and then going to the Christmas Extravaganza concert.  Followed some of the worst times, like being in the middle of of a melee and seeing a kid nearly stabbed to death on Boxing Day and everything in between. Oh Jamaica!

I do miss it though. I will return and I am a wee bit jealous you get to return before I do. 

RE: Christmas Holidays / feeling kind of disfragmented - rastagirl777 - 12-17-2014

The thought of spending Christmas time in the states makes me shudder (and not for the cold, I live in California).

I love the fact that there is no hype here - you can find it if you want it but if you don't you'd never even know it was coming!

The plans just develop.  Since we do not celebrate Xmas this is not a stresser for us but still we already have invites/plans to spend the "Eve" with friends in the hills and the "day" for brunch at a friend's restaurant.

As for Hannukah, we lit the first candles last night and nyammed some latkes with friends.  Home made applesauce too!

RE: Christmas Holidays / feeling kind of disfragmented - macyoder - 12-21-2014

I haven't spent Christmas in Jamaica since I left over 35 years ago. In my neck of the woods, it used to be huge and from online post gotten bigger. The house was always painted and your relatives from Kingston came to country to visit. On Christmas Eve the store would open late for Grand Market. We also went all night caroling.

I LOVE Christmas in the US but having to drive an hour to get to the snow gets old. Yeah, I live in South Cal desert region.