The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Dennis Brown / Samsara & Culture / Tree House - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Dennis Brown / Samsara & Culture / Tree House (/showthread.php?tid=100720)

Dennis Brown / Samsara & Culture / Tree House - Sharleen - 12-16-2014

I have been to some really great concerts / stage shows in Jamaica.  One that stands out is a Dennis Emmanual Brown show at Samsara on a full moon night.  Another one is a Joseph Hill/Culture show at the Treehouse, also on the billing was Charlie Chaplin.  Another one might be a Gregory Isaacs show at the place in the west end who had some of the greatest shows & my mind just can't bring up the name of the place (thankfully I do still have a mind, Kaisers Cafe.  It was "THE" place for reggae shows though.  Anyways, all my Jamaican friends that live in NY kept telling me how messed up Gregory was...  I didn't believe them... not for one second.  But the singer was ACTUALLY vibrating he was so cracked up.  Another best best concert was a show where Beres Hammond performed in that tennis place in Astoria, Queens.  Huge venue, huge turnout of mostly Jamaicans.  One more !! A Bob Marley and the Wailers show in Syracuse NY in 1978, they were sort of "just becoming well known" -- since I lived in the far out west end they were familiar with me after their construction in Little Bay, so I got to hang out with them.  I was extremely impressed by how their sound check was SO long, getting everything absolutely perfect.  Also impressed how they made sure to go "out back" and make sure that every Jamaican who couldn't afford the admission price got in.  Another thing that impressed me (we were all at the Marriot) was that after the show we went to a downtown jazz club in the ghetto part of town, there was a really decrepit hotel next door & how Bob lamented that "this is where we should have been staying".  So they emptied out the jazz club and Bob's cook prepared food.  Now this was 1978 and quite obviously his relationship with his wife had been over for a long time, they didn't speak at all.  He had a really strong relationship with Esther Anderson.  Anyways, the concert was really pretty amazing -- they were SO thrilled and almost surprised at the audiences overwhelming response to each and every song.  It was an absolutely unforgettable show for sure.  The one guy who prepared his albumn covers, I can't remember his name, he now runs the Bob Marley museum though -- he was scared to death of flying, like really totally traumatized by the fact that he had to get on a plane the next day.  He wanted me to drive him to someplace like Ohio the next day.  LOL, I was really young and had absconded with my mothers care to get to Syracuse. 
  Another really great concert was on New Years Eve maybe about five years ago in Lucea with U-Roy as the highlight of the evening.  The show was just nice.