The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
November 2014- Some ramblings - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: November 2014- Some ramblings (/showthread.php?tid=100709)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: November 2014- Some ramblings - DAWN - 12-20-2014

Still having trouble with photos..only one at a time..but here some words..lol

We decided to stop by Coco La Palm and see the crew. I know I got twice as much sleep as Roxan but she looked fresh like a daisy! Diego and I left the car there and walked down the beach to see my cousin. Although my cousin Amy and I only live 3 hours away, we haven't seen each other in 15-20 years. We picked up just like we left off.
I introduced them to Diego and he was a quick friend too. We decided to take a road trip and give them a tour of the west end. We stopped by my place to show them and then onto Xtabi for hummingbirds and looking to look at the caves. It was so nice to let them see the cliff side. They were impressed! Next stop, the ever famous Ricks Cafe. Watched a young man jump, snapped some pictures and browsed the gift shop...holy hell a sweatshirt that Amy was find of was $68..no thanks..the only thing we can afford there is to look.
Back down the cliff to Canoe for some lunch. We shared some onion rings, I had an Excovitched snapper sandwich and Amy the Canoe Shrimp in a papaya boat. It was delicious. 
Headed up the back way to Red Ground to get some pork at red dragon. True it's the sabbath and no pork today. Onto Collettes to show my friends and cousin a different view. The road was busy with bikes going up and down, people walking up and down and just plain a nice vibe with well cold beer!
A quick stop at the Green Grocery store and they dropped me off and headed back to the beach. What a great day! Chilling on the porch with iriefm Sunday oldies playing..
Xoxo
Nice slow easy morning. Made my way to the beach to see Amy and Liz at SeaWind. I waited for a taxi out front here and the one that came had a rasta that I recognized. I said are you friends of the February castle crew? Yes, I'm Petey, and I can't wait until they come! Stopped by a friends place who is doing some construction on his place. Shovels scrapping, saws buzzing and men talking, singing and joking. They sent one of the guy to town to buy chicken back that they were going to cook up for lunch. Had a real nice visit. Diego came and picked me up and off to SeaWind.
The girls were enjoying the porch and the sunshine. I have not been in The water yet and today was to be all about that, but.....I forgot my swimsuit. Enjoyed some porch time. I had heard of the house masseuse, Essential Care and when I spotted Dwight in his white uniform I called him over. We chatted and he offered a test massage. It was heaven and I quickly decided on the whole body deal. He has a table set up on the beach and one up and inside, toward the front of the property where I chose to have mine. Enya was playing and the fan blowing over head. He used palm oil and let me tell you it was nice nice.
Made my way back down to Amy and Liz porch and got the rum flowing! The was a sweet fruit lady that passed and we called her up. Bought pine, papaya, tangerine and banana. Enjoyed a nice visit with her too. She said we were a blessing as she hadn't sold anything all day and was about to go home. I don't know were the day went as soon it was dark. We walked up by Donaldson Inn and spotted Kadine and Miss Del so we stopped for a little visit. 
Amy and I decided to take a night swim. Having forgot my swimsuit, I went with my birthday suit. :0) The water was so warm and soft and no sharks or stingray.
Diego carried me home and No Limit was thumping. I dropped my bags and went down for a visit and cup of conch soup. Not so sure what time I went to bed and feeling awful slow this morning.
Xoxox
My slow morning kicked up with a boom! Apparently I made plans to go to Black River. I came thisclose to saying go on without me but I bucked up, packed up and went with Liz, Amy and Diego.
The sun was hot on the road and really really hot when we slowed down and went threw the towns. My belly was rolling and I begged a stop. It looked like a clean brightly painted gas station. I asked was pointed to a jug with cash in it that held the key And was told round di corner. It was a old gate and I doubled back thinking this can't be it. Well it was it! I struggled with the lock that was inside the gate. Once open I peaked in the door..holy Hannah! I've used pretty primitive bathrooms, but this one took the cake! Back on the road looking for one next one and it was a queens throne compared to first one. 
We stopped in Sav La Mar for a soda and a Juicy Pattie. Beef and chicken, both were flaky, zippy and hit di spot perfectly. Back on the road..lots of bad roads and lots of good ones. The girls came from the airport In the dark so they haven't seen the road. We crossed over the Parrish of Westmoreland to Saint Elizabeth and that area is called Border. There is one corner with lots of stall of cook shops. Mostly fried fish and bammie. I made a mental note that I would like to carry some on the way back thru. The Capital of St Catherine is Black River and that is where we went on a "Safari". Really just a pontoon ride up The Black River. There were lots of crocodiles and we got way up close to catch their picture. Some little 3 footers and a couple of 15 footers. One had made his way up on a cement like pier and was sunning himself. Up close he looked like rubber and was sitting very very still you had to look in side his mouth to see he was real.
Off to Pelican Bar. It was really really really hot and the first sign I saw said TO Pelican bar I asked Diego to pull in. You pay for a boat ride about 10 minutes out to this bar in the sea made of mismatched wood pieces. He gave us a price and Amy bargained for $10. I was proud, she bargained hard and got her way. We ended u giving him what he first told us They have two guys working out there that will carve your name in it, then you tip him a little something. Our carver Fray, was really cool sat and chatted wi hour group and another couple and our boat driver. We took pictures, saw cool crabs, sting rays swimming under neath the bar. There is a Bar and a little cook shop where they had fried fish and lobster chop suey. It was a lovely experience and something Amy had on her bucket list. 
I was anxious to get most of the driver under our belt before it got dark so we left before the sunset. Boat ride back to the car. Liz took a quick dip and ended up what she said was a crab or fish bite on her toe. It broke the skin but was not too serious. The boat owner helped her clean it up and assured her it was nothing poisonous. 
Back on the road thru black river, paradise and border. I have experienced it before and warned the girls to stay in the car and don't buy nothing. We didn't get a chance to get out and suddenly there are 7 or 8 plates of fish in my face. Everyone buy from me, Indian, miss. One lady heard the driver say my name and then started calling my name..it was pretty overwhelming. I choose a plate and agreed on a price and off she went to wrap it up. All the others having not made the sale moved off. One young girl came up with a little bag and I almost snapped and said I bought already but she had festival. A warm fried donut like thing. 4 for a $1. I got a bag and shared with the girls and they decided on a next bag. And the young miss told me she gave me 5 this time. The lady that called my name said she remembered me. I said really? I said, last time I was here a rasta fell I love with me and wanted to marry me and take to his house in the hills. She said that rasta is my brother and I remember you sitting and eating your soup and talking to him. I guess she did remember me. Her name is Sharon and I was told to remember her next time.
Off to Negril. What started out as a slow hangover day ended up being an adventure.

Shit got messed up ya know. My cousin and her friend paid BIG money to stay up front and ocean view at SeaWind. We took a road trip to Black River yesterday only to come home to pure bullshit. The management was served with a eviction notice delivered by police. All staff and guests were told to leave. No refund just to move. Police came with one court order to remove everyone from the property. My cousin paid almost $200 a nite for her room only to be scared out and hassled so much that she truly wanted to go home. We spent the afternoon in the rain looking for one next place. They already paid for their room and didn't want to move. But this afternoon there were people looting tables, chairs, mattresses and linens. it was truly time to go. My old friends from Quality Parasailing, Quality and Tyson Made sure we were good. They was so disappointed in the way it was handled as were most people I talked to.
I made some calls and talked to my friend Petrona at Blue Cave Castle And she sent one driver to pick us up. My Amy and Liz are safe and sound at a Blue Cave Castle. We walked up to Pablo's and all had grilled lobster! It was wonderful. It was delicious and they were friendly and nice too. It put a little ease to the day to the wicked day.

RE: November 2014- Some ramblings - rootswoman - 12-20-2014

Great writing as always Dawn!

Dread was working on the picture thing all day yesterday trying to install some sort of image re-sizer - so I am pretty sure that's why you were struggling.  Lets hope he was able to get the kinks worked out.  

Please dont hesitate to let us know - (its not naggy) Dread cant fix things that he doesnt know about and it takes everyone testing it on their various computers and browsers to see what does and doesnt work.

He isint here right now and he worked onto it late into the night so I am not sure where he left things.  

More than one way to get my pictures here...

I made them public on my fb page..

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.knudsen.9/media_set?set=a.10152571376652799.572747798&type=3

Lost my writing vibe there for a hot minute. I was laying and listening and I hear Amy call mi name from the porch. The girls come over after spending the early
morning In the yard at Blue Cave Castle drinking coffee and visiting. We tried to connect with cc company and try and work out a refund..no luck, they are snail mailing a form but they made no promises.
Walked to Canoe for breakfast. jamaican breakfast all the way around. Being it was vacation, we went from oj to humming birds and Bloody Caesars. Had a nice vividt with Patty, the owner. Off to Sunisland, a whole sale place right close. No Bob Marley tshirt left..them sold out. Still found a few things. 
They went back up to BCC and I went to visit my little friend my former yard. Wonderful visit..got hooked up with internet and my little friend got to play some games on my iPad. I hooked back up with Diego and I went home, caught a fresh and the crew was off for town.
My girl Liz, wanted something Sweet so we went to Devon house and they got their sweet tooth full. Up to Ragga bones for pork and drinks. Bartender hooked me up with some moringa pods. Three a day, no more no less. My friend Lorraine gave us a dry ride to Drifters Bar.
Mon, fun Times! The rain was failing but the vibes and music was flowing! Great mix of locals and tourist. My cousin and friend were I their glory! Drank, sang and danced! A quick stop the store out by the road and a taxi ride home. Just nyamed some of my pork and having a little night cap before bed. Tony has soup out front but I think the ragga pork will do me.
Tomorrow and day at the west ender and hopefully Seastar tomorrow night. My people leave Sunday am.

We all got a good nights rest last night as we skipped the Seastar Show. My cousin and friend Lizzy were leaving at 930. They hollered me up and we met at Pablo's for breakfast. Had a nice visit and a great breakfast.
Back to Blue Cave Castle to zip them up, say our goodbyes and get them on the road. A few last minute pictures taken by the Taxi lady Jackie. 
These two ladies are traveling troupers. Rolled easily with what ever happened, including a pretty wicked scene at the hotel they were first staying at, SeaWind.n as I wrote before, Petrona from Blue Cave Castle saved them some major hassle! We all enjoyed Teddy from Hideaway's cooking. BBC And Crew your kindness will not be forgotten!
Back to my little perch/nest for some kicking back! It had started to drizzle so perfect for that. I hear the rain hitting some zinc, some parrots squawking, the honk of and occasional horn, the speed of the motorcycles and on wicked car that squealed going past and up.
It cooler today and a little breezy. I got no plan today, and I love it like that too!

https://www.facebook.com/dawn.knudsen.9/media_set?set=a.10152571396237799.572747798&type=3

RE: November 2014- Some ramblings - kaycee - 12-22-2014

...loving your report and how it flows!

RE: November 2014- Some ramblings - kylake - 12-23-2014

Wonderful trip report Dawn and thanks for posting. As others have mentioned you have a nice writing style.
Question, what type of ebags did you get?
Another question, you mentioned Pablo's is that the fruit guy at Our Pastime location you are referring to? Since you mentioned lobster after the SeaWind eviction I thought of both him and Fireman.
Thanks again for the report!

RE: November 2014- Some ramblings - DAWN - 12-23-2014

Thanks!!!

These are the ones..I got orange and purple! Love them!

http://www.ebags.com/product/it-luggage/worlds-lightest-it-0-1-second-generation-31-2-wheeled-upright-packing-case/272850?productid=10328800

Pablo's is up right past L&M on the same side..It was something else before..but cute little place with great food and friendly folk!