The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Chickengunya - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Chickengunya (/showthread.php?tid=100699)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Chickengunya - JonTom - 12-17-2014

(12-16-2014, 08:39 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  OT - Now that is funny!

It would be funnier if it wasn't so true.

RE: Chickengunya - rootswoman - 12-17-2014

I hear that JT

Just as i opened this thread I got a text from Dread with this title

"The debilitating outbreak sweeping the Americas"
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/17/health/chikungunya-infects-the-americas/

and there is no talk of plane crash....

RE: Chickengunya - tublecane - 01-07-2015

My wife and I are going to Negril Jan 18-26. I'm just now reading about this chickv and getting somewhat anxious. She is nursing (we are not bringing along our baby, 8mo's), so I would assume if she got it it might not be good for that. Even so I don't want either of us to get it regardless. What are the best precautions, and what should we bring from the US that we may not be able to get there in terms of precaution?

I'm not afraid to use deet or any chemical if it will help us be prevented from getting this.

RE: Chickengunya - captaind on Zion Hill - 01-07-2015

I've been to Jamaica 3 times since the outbreak and have not gotten it.

My yard is out in the hills.

I use Cutter backwoods several time a day.

Cap

RE: Chickengunya - suzengrace - 01-07-2015

I was there middle of Dec.. Mosquitoes love me..iI'm always the one getting bit-no matter what i use, take, etc.. So naturally i was concerned about getting it..I decided to use off woods which has high amount of deet ( i normally dont use it-i dont like those chemicals)
We stayed at our usual place when we're in Negril -that was catcha gardens..on the west end.. Although i did get a few bites-they seemed to come from being out late at night -so thank goodness no Chik v..That being said they did come by twice and spray..If your around go inside and away from that spray immediately..i was caught outside and its no doubt what caused a nasty eye infection in both eyes..  just glad i came back without the Chik-v....

RE: Chickengunya - rastagirl777 - 01-07-2015

I've been here over 6 weeks and have been all around Negril day and night - thank god, nothing. I use Deep Woods Off 30% DEET and have been trying to be pretty diligent about it.

The number of cases have been dropping off since I got here in November - by mid-December very few that I'd heard of - however - a friend of mine did get it last week and I just heard another friend just got it as well.

Nursing mother?  She should check with her doc what she's allowed to take for pain.  You should not take aspirin when you have this as it can be hemmoraghic.  Acetaminophen and NSAIDS seem to be recommended and used with success.

Me...I came down with a full on script of Hydrocodone, some of which I've shared with my friends who have become ill.

RE: Chickengunya - captaind on Zion Hill - 01-07-2015

[quote pid='108332' dateline='1420660158']
Me...I came down with a full on script of Hydrocodone, some of which I've shared with my friends who have become ill.[/quote]

Nice thing about percodan/percocett. Doesn't cure anything but it sure does relieve the symptoms......

RE: Chickengunya - rastagirl777 - 01-07-2015

Not Percocet/Percodan - the generic for that is Oxycodone.  Hydrocodone is the generic for Vicodin.

I have a prescription for migraine headaches and back pain....usually do not carry the full 3 months with me but I did this time just in case....

The people with whom I've shared my drugs have all agreed its has been the best for pain relief.  Of course, that's why we have narcotics FOR pain relief.

I came down prepared with drugs and the wall of repellant.  The wall of repellant is slowly dissipating but the drugs, thank god, are not.

RE: Chickengunya - DAWN - 01-12-2015

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=BFJ0-vM8alU

RE: Chickengunya - Angel - 01-12-2015

well rastagirl777 to get a 3  month supply must be what 100 tablets or 300? shoot I have a family member who has to take it and they have really restricted it. Norco is a narcotic so they are making it more restricted to get it. Heck if you are getting more I want to take them to your doctor. :-)