The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1301 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1301 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1393 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 498 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1356 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1356 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1393 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 498 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip (/showthread.php?tid=100690)

Pages: 1 2 3

Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - Kiknback - 12-03-2014

Got back from Negril a few weeks ago, so I figured I'd post a few pics.  A wonderful time as always.  It's becoming a November tradition to come down to celebrate my wife's birthday.  This year we had a group of 10, and had a great time.  Looks cloudy in the pics, but the weather was great.  

[attachment=1553]

[attachment=1554]

[attachment=1555]

RE: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - rootswoman - 12-03-2014

Ok take two
I wrote a reply and thought it was posted

Beautiful pics!

Where did you stay and how was it?
How were the mosquitoes?

How did your large group like Negril - were there newbies?

Thanks for posting - I hope the new upgrade made it easier - let us know if you come across any bugs.

RE: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - Kiknback - 12-03-2014

The highlight of the trip was the party we held for my wife's birthday. Connie at Jenny's/C&D Country Western Bar was just amazing - I would highly recommend if anyone has a gathering to talk to her - she totally went out of her way to make it a great party.  There were probably about 20 of us for the early part of the night.  Everyone ate very well!  I just love her fried chicken and bacon mac & cheese.  And it's healthy!  Well, maybe not.  Oh well.  It's worth it.  Good food, good drinks, doesn't get much better.

In addition to my lovely wife, there was another birthday that day. Lenbert, the host/driver of the One Love Bus, also had a birthday that day.  They are "birthday twins", according to Lenbert, so we decided on a duel party.  Soon enough, Lenbert arrives, the music blasting out of the bus and a serious party going on in the back.  Not your normal drunken tourist crowd, however.  All locals, out celebrating with Lenbert.  Several people I recognized from way back, had a nice chat with Fernando, among others.  The place was absolutely packed, party out front with the bus music, inside the country was blasting, and everyone was having a blast.

[attachment=1563]

[attachment=1564]

Birthday Twins
[attachment=1565]

Connie arriving with the cake!

[attachment=1566]

Red Velvet cake with Cream Cheese Icing.  Mmmmmm......

[attachment=1567]

Not something she normally makes, but for my wife she made a cheesecake.  You don't even want to know how good it was.  
[attachment=1568]

Just a great time all around.  Thanks Connie and everyone who came and helped us celebrate!  We'll try to see it we can top it next year!
[attachment=1569]

Roots -

We stayed at White Sands.  Our normal place, every year, love it there.  

I've never had issues with mosquitoes in Negril, really.  I'd spray in the evening when the sand fleas came out, but aside from that, I've never gotten bitten much.  This trip I was WAY more worried than I had been, and pretty much sprayed all day.  Kinda sucked waking up in the morning and covering myself with poison, but I suppose that's the best idea.  I don't think I got bit once on the trip.  Our group had a couple of bites, but, luckily, no one got Chick-V.  I had money one of us was going to get it, as several of our group didn't pay much attention.

We had a couple of newbies, and a few that have been here a few times.  Everyone had a great time, and most will be back again next year.  

RE: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - kylake - 12-03-2014

Kiknback, thanks for posting a report and pictures. Sounds like you all had a great time which is what vacation is all about.
What is the birthday date in Nov. mine is the 7th.
Isn't Lenbert a great guy! We have been on a few crawls and the crowd can be a too sober crowd at times so people that want to try it shouldn't always expect a crazy crowd. I know Booger had a crazy crowd from Hedo one time but that is not the norm from my experience. We have always had a fun time on Lenbert's ride....just such a nice guy!

RE: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - booger - 12-03-2014

Glad to see that you had a great time with Connie. She is my go to for any meal, actually my favorite place to eat in Negril. Also nice to sit in the stupid section to the side and watch the runnings. 

Great sunset pic.....

Booger- is the stupid section the outside area?  The picnic table is my area.  I'll hang out there with a Q of Appleton all day.  (well, several)  And yeah, she is the best cook in Negril.  And one of the absolute best people.  

Kylake- November 10th.  You should make a trip around that time, we could make it a triple birthday!  And yeah, we love hanging out with Lenbert on the bus.  We've been dozens of times, and always fun.  Pretty much always finds us somewhere new as well, although this is becoming a challenge at this point.  

And we've seen both sides.  This trip we did the bus, but it was really a semi-private trip of our group and another big group from White Sands, with a lot of veterans, so it wasn't super crazy, but it wasn't tame either.  I kind of find it fun to hang out with the all inclusive crowd and scare them a bit.  ("You really leave the resort???")

And here's a video from the party.  I never knew "Happy Birthday" had a third verse!  And I was a bit worried Georgia and Lenbert were getting married from the cake ceremony.  But, like I said, a wonderful time.  

RE: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - booger - 12-03-2014

"Booger- is the stupid section the outside area?  The picnic table is my area.  I'll hang out there with a Q of Appleton all day.  (well, several)  And yeah, she is the best cook in Negril.  And one of the absolute best people."  

Yes that is the stupid section. And agree that Connie is a jewel. My Mom has convinced me to drag her back to Negril just so she can hang out with Connie. Cliffy is my wife's home away from home pup. So between great food, drink, Connie, Sasha, Cliffy and others we spend A LOT of time there. 

Thanks for sharing the pics and video.

RE: Pics and random thoughts from our recent trip - Oldtimer2 - 12-04-2014

GREAT !!!!!! lookin' crowd !!!! Party clash !!! nothin' like it !!!!