The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
RIU Tropical wedding - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: RIU Tropical wedding (/showthread.php?tid=100686)

Pages: 1 2

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - macyoder - 12-17-2014

Please go into detail about poor service. If service was a criteria, I probably would not choose Jamaica for a vacation destination. 

Your experience was bad, not the vacation you expected, what did you do?

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - oldtimer - 12-17-2014

If your addressing me I did nothing . I stayed at a different place . 1 of my son's friends went to town and bought cold beer . The wedding was EXECELANT (sp) . 

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - twk55 - 12-19-2014

Just returned from RIU. My daughter got married there last Saturday. The only bad experience was that the wedding planner there tried to gouge us to the tune of $1800 dollars for the wedding DJ for 4-1/2 hours. My daughter, being a stickler for details kept an email that stated the cost at $400 for 4 hrs. We got the DJ for the original price after we made the planner call her supervisor in Ocho Rios. I think she thought she could get $1800 since we were kinda locked into the wedding. The wedding and the reception were fantastic. We had 56 people attending including the wedding party. The food and the DJ were awesome.

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - oldtimer - 12-20-2014

My biggest grip was also the wedding planner . It was her that made me pay $350 US to get on the grounds for 3 1/2 hrs to my son's wedding after that group dropped over 50K . No class Bobby Bass .....BUT !!!! the wedding was excellant !!!!

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - twk55 - 12-21-2014

She told my daughter it would cost $90 for each person who did not stay at RIU to attend the wedding. Fortunately, (I think) everyone stayed at the resort. It had been twenty years since I had been to Negril so I was hesitant to try to select a venue but as it turned out all attendees had a great time.

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - Bruce - 12-21-2014

I suppose it 's to late to do anything about it, but on the RIU website for the Tropical Bay it says a day pass for wedding guests is $75 - $100. A note to RIU corporate sounds in order just to see how they respond.

RE: RIU Tropical wedding - rootswoman - 12-22-2014

Yes OT!  Whoever arranged the wedding should address this with the Riu.  It makes me wonder if the wedding planner was the greedy one in the mix.  If that's the case, the Riu, may not even know what she is up to.  It really sounds like you were ripped off and that's not right!
Now with social media, you can not run, you can not hide.