The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
thanks dread - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: thanks dread (/showthread.php?tid=100681)

Pages: 1 2

thanks dread - daniel - 11-30-2014

for all your work

RE: thanks dread - Schuttzie - 11-30-2014

Yes, a big THANK YOU!  You are much appreciated!

RE: thanks dread - dreadneck - 11-30-2014

You're welcome, enjoy!

RE: thanks dread - kylake - 12-01-2014

Nice makeover Dread! Style sheets is really appealing!

RE: thanks dread - dreadneck - 12-01-2014

(12-01-2014, 09:17 AM)kylake Wrote:  Nice makeover Dread! Style sheets is really appealing!

Thanks,  Kylake!  I figured a new board skin would be an improvement.  We started out with a big version update, from 1.6.12 to 1.8.3, which was mainly security fixes, although some functions were tweaked - for example, images now show during preview.  Most of the plugins stopped working, but some of the functions now seem to be in the core anyway. There are some other tweaks, but I haven't seen a list yet.  One other nice benefit is that the board performance is so good I haven't had to archive anything in months!  

RE: thanks dread - CardBoardBox - 12-03-2014

What is "style sheets" which kylake refered to (above)?

RE: thanks dread - kylake - 12-03-2014

Dread, when you get to looking at the packages if there is one that would reduce picture size on the fly to accommodate the board limitations on file size that would be another great improvement. Thanks for all the work you do as Daniel pointed out.

CBB, in my mind a "style sheet" and a "skin" as Dread referred to it are basically one and the same.
I support several websites that all run on a base code but have a differing look/appearance depending on the style sheet. Differing colors, button shapes, etc but the menus/button and what they control, other than color or shape, direct to the same base code with the same end resulting information but tied to differing brand products and product literature.

RE: thanks dread - dreadneck - 12-03-2014

Kylake,

Good explanation of the style sheets/skin terminology.  There are also some other significant changes that will help with tweaking the board, and that is the switch from Prototype to JQuery.  I know JQuery fairly well, but not Prototype.

It may be possible to develop a working resizer using ImageMagick.  I tried this a year or so ago and ran into server resource limits.  It may be easier now due to machines getting more powerful, memory more abundant, and hopefully my coding chops have developed a bit more.  

RE: thanks dread - kylake - 12-03-2014

For the explanation I should have simply said it is like putting makeup on your face. Different look up front but the same skin underneath but that may have been too simplistic.

The reason I asked about the photo resizer is because I know when I met Jitter last year she had a smartphone that would take pics but it is a newer phone that takes good pics aka large file size and we could not post from her phone to the board.
Since she is down there now, I bet she would be posting a few pictures, if she could from the phone. I am sure it would also make it easier for other members, since pretty much, it seems like most use a phone for pics as opposed to a camera to computer.
I can post from my Nexus 7 and an old 3 gen ipod but both have a 1 mp camera.

Just a thought and if you ever get time and it would work that would be great.
Hope you and RW are doing well and hope to meet you both someday.

RE: thanks dread - rootswoman - 12-12-2014

Thanks for the translation card Board Box - I am sorry to say I had to delete it because it was spam.  TY