The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson (/showthread.php?tid=100676)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - Sophie - 12-07-2014

OMG- I am laughing so hard I am pissing myself, in between puking that is.

Where to begin?? Oh my there is so much to choose from. NOTE- Some sarcasm ahead.

Ok- This "rule of law"--- Yeah, if that damn Rosa woman had just adhered to the "rule of law" all of "those people" would still be riding in the backa the bus where they belong. We would still have "separate but equal" schools,,,and on and on. Damn law breakers! Damn "thugs".

Black on black crime 90%---- white on white crime 80some%... what the hell does this have to do with anything-lololololol

Peaceful protesters should "police" the non peaceful protesters? I (as part of "society at large") should step in and stop anyone breaking the law? Must have been in my sleep when I took the oath to SERVE and PROTECT. 

Oh yes- Charles Barkley- The ultimate expert on race relations and a leader in the civil rights movement. Welllllll if Charles(or some ass hat in his backyard) says something then by god it MUST be correct, right? This is my all time favorite- something happens and white folks find a handful of black folks that somewhat support their stand and........ well I must be right cause even "their own people" agree.

Ahhhh yes it is alllll coming to light. "Thug" the new "N" word. That damn twelve year old "thug" that the cop waited all of two SECONDS to shoot and kill. The "thug" that was shot and killed.... oh but the officer called 911!!  After he sent a text to his union rep......wonder if he was giving cpr for the 6.5 minutes before he called for help for the man? Let's not forget the man who "died in the ambulance". LOL

LOL--- I started to type "sorry if I offended anyone's sensibilities" but that would be a lie. lolololololol

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - troublemaker_420 - 12-09-2014

If you can't see the difference between refusing to sit in the back of the bus and burning down your neighbor's business, there really isn't much I can say thats going to open your eyes.  There's a right way to protest, and a wrong way to protest.  One has proven to get results, the other has proven to be less than effective as a method of societal change.  As for the black on black crime rate, and why it matters. One of the popular protest slogans as of late is "Black lives matter".  One would assume, if that was really the message, the African American community would take steps to address the fact far more Black youth fall prey to one another than to *any* cop's bullet or chokehold.  They need to protest the gang activity in their neighborhoods, the drug dealing, the factors that accelerate the rate at which these young poeple are losing their lives.  How does the fact that there's more or less a genocide of young black males in many areas NOT matter?!?!?!!?!?!?  AS far as policing your neighbor....maybe you never took an oath, but just maybe, if we all took a bit of an interest in what our neighbors were doing, we could prevent them from burning down the block...from distracting people from the peaceful protests....to show that you actually CARE about the community?  I guess its someone else's job to do that.....but wait! You   don't WANT the police presence to be so heavy in the community?  It causes more problems you say....    Let me get this straight....more police=more problems  .....BUT.... Its the police's job to deal with the rioters, *NOT* the communities....but the community wants less police presence, and the rioting continues.....do you fail to see the catch 22?  If you want fewer cops, someone is going to have to step up and take on the some the responsibilites you depended on them for.  It only makes sense.  The cops are there because the crime is there.  If you aren't willing, as a community, to do what it takes to reduce crime, you can't expect a sudden drop in police presence....that doesn't make sense, and will not ever happen.

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - Firemon - 12-13-2014

(12-02-2014, 07:14 AM)troublemaker_420 Wrote:  I guess the way I saw things play out in this thread was Firemon denouncing the rioters, and many board members coming to pineapples "defense" because of his post...which, in no way, attacked Pineapple at all.  I don't understand people coming to her defense when she was never attacked....just an alternative point of view was offered, and thats somehownly insulting to some people?  I guess I'm just dumb, but I can't wrap my head around that....offering an opinion different than one orignally offered is hardly an attack, especally when many consider both points to be quite valid.

Gadzooks!  Someone was paying attention.  The part I "loved" was how Prickly Pear (tee hee) was so offended that her views on a controversial subject weren't universally shared that she opined "This just reinforces why I don't come here much anymore."  Shucks, had I known I'm not entitled to an opinion I could have been spared the so-called super-moderator's comments placating her supposedly hurt feelings.

"Hands Up, Don't Cyber-Shoot" the messenger I pleaded referencing the video evidence which seemingly fell into the same category as the (ahem) faked moon landing.  (If you need to manually activate your sarcasm detector it's too late.)

It was then that "The Darren Wilson of Pineapples" unloaded her "kill" shot (see also Greg King quote about never getting into an argument with an idiot) fabricating facts, claiming without any evidentiary basis that the video had been altered, while schooling me on being prejudice and other shortcomings.   Maybe I should hold up a mirror quoting The Great And Powerful Pineapple: "This just reinforces why I don't come here much anymore."

P.S. When Shaggy sings "It wasn't me" he's being tongue-in-cheek.  Hope that helps.

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - rootswoman - 12-20-2014

Michael Franti and Spearhead's new song couldn't say it better, please listen to all of the words.  

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - Westenders - 12-21-2014

Great song with the right message, but without justice from the judicial system people will react passionately.

Happened over here a couples Of years ago, with the riots starting In London, which set of a chain reaction around the country.

Read about the two new york cops murdered this weekend in apparent retaliation.

Something needs to be done, before it gets worse. I don't think a call for peace looks enough

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - macyoder - 12-22-2014

I can't wait for the song in honor of the two cops that were recently murdered , or the next black on black murder, even white on white. Without a doubt, there is something wrong in the country and system when an unarmed man is shot from 25 feet away. 

I am still struggling with why many blacks blame the white man for keeping us down but decided to help him and burn our neighborhood down. Not in anyway advocating violence or burning , why not "their" neighborhood. As for the the timing of the news, many ways to see this, but also to demonstrate how out of control 'our' kind can be. Did they have to time the announcement of the cops death out of fear they would burn their own neighborhood out of retaliation? 

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - Schuttzie - 12-22-2014

Great song, Roots, I love Michael Franti!  Certainly something has got to change.  The system is messed up.

Really sad what has been happening.

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - macyoder - 12-22-2014

My brother-in-law was murdered. We had a trial and conviction and for that we give God thanks. Life doesn't seem to matter in Jamaica and NO they aren't all created equal in the US. His death was a mere reported statistic of an unidentified black male. 

How does the action of this shooter fits into the campaign of Black Life Matters. Didn't he just throw his away? I guess the value goes up depending on who takes it and how.

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - Tim - 12-31-2014

I have avoided this thread until now. There is a video out on facebook, supposedly of Michael Brown, beating on an old man, starting with a huge sucker punch. Whoever the thug is, this person is a real piece of shit and if it is Mr Brown, his demise is no great loss to humanity. May he rot in hell. I don't know how anyone can defend the actions of this waste of skin.
If I knew how to post a link to this video I would.

RE: Steel Pulse song for Ferguson - rootswoman - 12-31-2014

according to snopes.com that video was not Michael Brown
http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/shawnspall.asp