The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland (/showthread.php?tid=100665)

goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - suzengrace - 11-21-2014

Last time i visited our little place out in the country in trelawny-things weren't looking good. What was once a beautiful, peaceful paradise was becoming a place with a lot of unsavory characters moving in-lots of bad-minds..You always have to be on your guard in Jam when it coms to your place-but it was going to a new level of just walking down the quiet roads in daylight you were on high alert..I left last reach in disgust and with great sadness .....
Well, things got worse, recently gunmen came to the place( I wasnt there)-and we really have very little -we're a very low-key ,primitive place-but being a foreigner does make you more target (foreign=$$) even though I'm there so infrequently doesnt matter. it could have been tragic ..but thank God it wasn't...
Fortunately my partner has a little bit of family land in westmoreland-So the board house got broken down and moved (i wish someone had taken pictures)..Looks like i may be seeing a lot more of you folks when I'm in Jam-being so many of you hang in Negril...

Yep, bad times, bad people allover this beautiful Island...

Thats one good thing about board house--like a gypsy you pack up and move.LOL..

I will so miss the cockpit mts, the caves, the mineral rivers, the country street parties and fabulous cook shops, . Will miss going into Falmouth and hanging out at beautiful burwood beach-going to scotchies when in Mobay-and just the N.coast itself... I will especially miss the wonderful soil we had to grow anything..Our plantain and dasheen crops were doing so well and getting good prices at the market... Oh well, change happens and looking forward to next chapter ...

see you all in Negril in Mid. Dec....

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - kylake - 11-21-2014

Suzengrace, I hope your new location is just as good or even better. To bad you had to move but better safe and sorry.

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - booger - 11-21-2014

I'll pay the baggage fee if you take me next time!

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - rastagirl777 - 11-21-2014

Welcome west, I'm glad everyone is safe.

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - Schuttzie - 11-21-2014

Oh, no! I'm sorry you are having to move your home. I wish you all the best!

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - kaycee - 11-22-2014

That sucks, sorry.

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - rootswoman - 11-22-2014

This is the saddest post.
I am so very sorry to read this.
I am glad you were able to salvage the house and thank goodness you had a place to move it too.
What a tragedy that such a beautiful place has to be spoiled in such an ugly way.
Oh Jamaica.

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - gerryg123 - 11-24-2014

pretty disgraceful, actually. not just those behaving so deplorably, but the fact the police are too overwelmed to fix it -- or they don't care.

RE: goodbye Trelawny..hello Westmoreland - jitterbug - 11-25-2014

Hi suzengrace, hopefully it will be safer at the new location. Hope to cross paths with u next time. Safe travels.