The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tick Tock Tick Tock - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tick Tock Tick Tock (/showthread.php?tid=100649)

Pages: 1 2

Tick Tock Tick Tock - jabailey - 11-11-2014

If I weren't so busy with selling my business (yea, I'm retiring) and babysitting 2 grand babies in the city, I'd be impatiently tapping my foot and watching the clock... 13 days and a wake up. When I finally relax in the evening, my mind wanders to the island, wondering about the changes, anticipating seeing old friends and hopefully meeting new Smile Winter has arrived in Wisconsin, hope none of you are in the midst of a storm.

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - Schuttzie - 11-12-2014

Congratulations on retiring, JaBailey! My husband retired a year ago this November and we are looking forward to more traveling. You must be getting anxious counting down the days to get back to JA.

We are in northern Illinois and is cold but no snow yet. 26 degrees this morning.

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - jitterbug - 11-12-2014

good morning folks

our ground is covered with snow, not too cold . . .
winter is here to stay . . . already dreading shoveling the driveway . . .
just a few sleeps for me also . . .
jabailey, seems we will be there at the same time . . .

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - Winni - 11-12-2014

Good for you Jeannie! 5 more years for me. I know I'm not supposed wish my life away, but can't I reach 55 and stay there? Not too much to ask is it??

Once retired I will be able to get down to Packer land and visit you. Maybe then on to Tennesee to see dollface! Awww the thought of it all.

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - rootswoman - 11-12-2014

retiring, babysitting grand babies, visiting friends, travel........

I can't think of a better life!

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - oldtimer - 11-12-2014

That's me !!!!! Retired ....or am I (re)(re)retired !!! The call of the wild BUT !!!! I think I finally did it . No scallop dragging , no Tuna fishing , no lobster fishing and 25lbs of retirement "fluff ". Old SUCKS !!!!!!

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - Likkle Red - 11-12-2014

Welcome to retirement! Best move I ever made. Love my freedom to get up when I want, travel when I want and to spend as much time with my grandsons as I can get!

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - kylake - 11-12-2014

Hope you have a wonderful retirement and vacation JaBailey. Retirement part is just around the corner so the speak for me.......cannot wait to give it a try.

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - Sharleen - 11-12-2014

I thought I was going to retire at the end of September, I work at a research facility & we did receive more money until the end of September 2015. I too am a Grammy & ot works out best for my daughter to work two 15 hour shifts on a Saturday & Sunday. Guess who has the two 9 year old twin boys & the other "just turned four" daughter... yeah me.
I was really looking for my freedom too "but" my house needs some work, I was able to put a new roof on at the end of this summer. I was able to pay for a HUGE tree to be cut down ($800)... So anyways, I am to continue working but I only work 3 1/4 days per week now.
Also, I would like to hear some input onto what you people do with your dogs and cats when going to JA long term in the winter. I REALLY tried hard not to get another dog (my Roamie Doodle Dandy) died on March 31st... but any how, I was not able to stick to my resolve of not getting another dog. My new dog is a rescue pup shipped all the way from Arkansas. Her name was Doodles but my daughter insisted we change her name. I think I bought Roamie for her when she was in 8th grade, she named him Roamie Doodles Dandy and absolutely refused to call the rescue puppy Doodles, it was too hurtful for her.
When I lived in JA during the 1970's at one time I had to farm out my dog "Bugs Merugers" to a friend Chico who my dog always loved. He ended up moving to Miami and left my dog with a girl named Linda. When I returned in 1979 she cried when I came to get him, I felt really badly. My children's godfather Harry died two years ago, he became kind of hateful towards JA and moved to Dominica. One of his best friends from Green Island's son had been killed in a hit and run accident and his good German friend brutally murdered in Grange Hill. And he insisted all the "Shit" from the A/I's were being pumped into the beach area of Negril.
I am really looking for answers on what to do with my dog??? In past years it was easier, my Mom would come and stay at my house when I was away. She is kind of too old to do it right now.
So I have this new little puppy, I can't really off her off at my ex's because his home has a "no pet" thing in place. I was really adament about my habbits to "NOT GET ANOTHER DOG" to be so tied down and not be able to disappear from the NY horrid winters. But I really really missed coming home to my home to no dog greeting, like where you are the best thing on earth & they are SO happy to see you. I think I really screwed up in getting another dog. She is the sweetest thing though, originally we were told she was a "Chinweenie" which I think is a combination of chiw

RE: Tick Tock Tick Tock - jitterbug - 11-13-2014

sharleen, i will be in the same boat when i quit working and can go for longer than two weeks . . . so far, for my two weeks at a time retirement, my mom and dad are across the lane from me. they care for cats and dog during the day, at night, mom locks the cats in my home and takes the dog to her house to sleep.

don't know what i will do when that becomes too much for them.