The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Wedding advice (toasts ) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Wedding advice (toasts ) (/showthread.php?tid=100645)

Wedding advice (toasts ) - Oldtimer2 - 11-10-2014

I have never had to toast the "new "bride before . I have to welcome her into our family . When ????? do I do this ?

RE: Wedding advice (toasts ) - kylake - 11-10-2014

Traditionally, the best man offers up the first toast. Not sure on the timing though. I guess that might be discussed in rehearsal dinner with the prospective bride and groom.

RE: Wedding advice (toasts ) - Winni - 11-10-2014

OT from what I remember, usually the welcome toast to the bride happens after the dinner when the speeches begin. I think the toast to the bride is the first one but doesnt really matter. It can be as long or short as you want...

RE: Wedding advice (toasts ) - Sharleen - 11-12-2014

Here is a link to some toasts to the bride and groom.
http://weddings.about.com/od/theweddingparty/a/toastsamples.htm
I have been to quite a few Jamaican weddings in the area that I live (upstate NY) and they are quite a bit different than the weddings of my American friends here. The ones I have been to always have a microphone and maybe about ten people give toasts to the bride and groom. There are always quite a bit of Jamaican relatives who drive in from ALL over the place, Toronto, Bronx, Brooklyn, Atlanta, Ohio. Most of my Jamaican friends have a huge amount of aunties and uncles (like the grooms parents had seven children) and those fourteen children had five kids.
You and your son and future daughter in law should get together in figure it all out beforehand. It is usually the grooms best man that makes the initial toast. In these days you can pretty much map everything out beforehand as to who talks and makes the toast. Congratulations on the upcoming marriage!

RE: Wedding advice (toasts ) - Firemon - 11-15-2014

Say something short and sweet like "cupcakes." 36_4_27