The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tripadvisor - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tripadvisor (/showthread.php?tid=100623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Tripadvisor - Westenders - 10-26-2014

Does anyone else find the censorship on Tripadvisor a complete joke.

Been contributing to a thread about ricks cafe over the last two days, where two posters are insistent on posting information that is untrue and based on what they read on another thread a few weeks ago. Which was challenged then by members and has been challenged today.

Honestly the posts on this thread that challenged the two posters were spot on, and what have Trip Advisor done, deleted these and not the posts with the false allegations .

I believe they border on being legal slander and TripAdvisor are colluding with them by leaving their posts and not the opposing views Oh well!

The posts refer to a nine year old boy drowning at ricks recently and ricks staff saying leave him to float out to sea!
This amongst other 'facts' clearly plucked from my arse.

Sorry to vent, and thank the Lord for jamericans...

RE: Tripadvisor - Timbo alogo - 10-26-2014

You are so right. Its gettingrigodamndiculous.
Everytime you call someone out on something it is deleted allmost immediately.

RE: Tripadvisor - JonTom - 10-27-2014

I've always felt that, while TA may at times be a source of some info, there is always a grain of salt to be taken.

That said, you almost had me clicking on over to see.
Almost. But I didn't! I probably shouldn't feel as proud as I do.

RE: Tripadvisor - kaycee - 10-27-2014

I was posting on TA quite a bit but their rules are becoming ridiculous! My last trip was a few months ago, I'm still waiting for a review approval.

I also noticed if you argue with a destination expert they either close the post or delete your comment.

RE: Tripadvisor - fatty pondirock - 10-27-2014

(10-26-2014, 03:31 PM)Westenders Wrote:  Does anyone else find the censorship on Tripadvisor a complete joke.

Hard to get "real" information on other boards. Especially those that have a vested interest....such as filling hotel/resort rooms at any cost - truth be damned. Any board/forum that is sponsored by hoteliers/resort owners is going to have jaded info on it. They are more concerned with the almighty dollar than the truth!!! Just sayin'!!!

RE: Tripadvisor - ohliz - 10-28-2014

TA is owned by Expedia which means they have a certain (commercial) angle on things. They seem to dislike controversy, especially when it goes on for too long.

It is also a huge worldwide system and it seems there are not many moderators. Destination Experts are not moderators, we can't edit or remove or do anything other members can't do, so the mods seem to remove almost anything a user flags or reports - just easier/faster I think.

Now I want to go read what you're talking about WE....

RE: Tripadvisor - ohliz - 10-28-2014

Found it...whoa.

"Applebees on the Sea" - going to remember that line!

I was there maybe 3 years ago and a RS was US$4 - price almost double in that time to US$7? Damn.

I was totally intrigued by the (jerk) chicken and waffles on the menu I saw earlier this year (stopped by to get menu but didn't stay). I love chicken and waffles.

Didn't see a Gleaner article either.

No horse in this race but sometimes the internet cracks me up Smile

RE: Tripadvisor - Westenders - 10-28-2014

(10-28-2014, 03:51 PM)ohliz Wrote:  Found it...whoa.

"Applebees on the Sea" - going to remember that line!

I was there maybe 3 years ago and a RS was US$4 - price almost double in that time to US$7? Damn.

I was totally intrigued by the (jerk) chicken and waffles on the menu I saw earlier this year (stopped by to get menu but didn't stay). I love chicken and waffles.

Didn't see a Gleaner article either.

No horse in this race but sometimes the internet cracks me up Smile

I didn't even get that Applebee's on the sea comment lol. Never heard of it.

The negril boards certainly get lively, and I just got sucked right in lol, can see why people take a little break from them.

Honestly, I'm all for anyone being negative about ricks and negril but out and out lies I can't stand. That post was gratuitous and for the sake of it, and not related to the ops question of should I rent a bloody cabana.

I hear you on the TA management thing, that makes sense, especially when you got a couple of dictators on that board who think they are mods.

Jontom, Kaycee ,fatty, timbo agree with your points

Woosa......... Breathing in and out

RE: Tripadvisor - ohliz - 10-29-2014

Applebees is a US chain restaurant. There are hundreds (thousands?) of them and they all look the same and have the same menu and are often located in or near suburban malls.

http://www.applebees.com/

RE: Tripadvisor - Passion4Diving - 11-01-2014

(10-26-2014, 03:31 PM)Westenders Wrote:  Does anyone else find the censorship on Tripadvisor a complete joke.

Tripadvisor is a business with certain business goals. It looks for posts that are travel related and delete those that do not conform to certain rules. If you do not like the rules, don't post. Concepts like censorship nor freedom of speech are not relevant concepts for a business. TA has the final work, period. If you do not like, don't post. Ignore the board. There is no higher ground to ponder.

My thoughts