The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Red Red Wine Story - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Red Red Wine Story (/showthread.php?tid=100614)

Red Red Wine Story - Firemon - 10-20-2014

Lead singer Ali Campbell recalls in the book 1000 UK #1 Hits: "The funny thing about the song is we only knew it as a Reggae song. We had no idea that Neil Diamond wrote it." Terence "Astro" Wilson, confirmed: "Even when we saw the writing credit which said N. Diamond, we thought it was a Jamaican artist called Negus Diamond or something."

...was re-issued in the States after DJ Guy Zapoleon at KZZP-FM in Phoenix, Arizona included the song on his "Would've Been, Should've Been" feature. There was such a positive response that he urged the record company to re-issue the single. Within a few weeks the song had climbed to the top of the charts.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=2632

RE: Red Red Wine Story - Bob and Pat - 10-20-2014

It's our ringtone ~~

RE: Red Red Wine Story - Mike_D - 10-21-2014

I am only familiar with the Neil Diamond version and the UB40 version. Is there another version that made them think it was a reggae song?

RE: Red Red Wine Story - oldtimer - 10-21-2014

there was a time when a lot of "different " tunes were covered by reggae artists and it gave the appearence of being reggae only . This was one of them.

RE: Red Red Wine Story - Firemon - 10-21-2014

Click on the songfact link for more Mike. I only quoted an excerpt.

Here's Tony Tribe in 1969.

RE: Red Red Wine Story - Mike_D - 10-22-2014

Duh! I should have clicked on the link. Thanks Firemon. Wikipedia doesn't even have the Tony Tribe info.

I find this very interesting, OT. I once stopped by Dr Feelgood's stand, across from Negril Escape, and asked him to make me a CD of old-school reggae tunes. He gave me a disc was filled with reggae versions of American Soul and Motown tunes, from the '60s. Great stuff! Most of it probably never made it to the States, in it's day.