The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
video on facebook today - children "daggering" - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: video on facebook today - children "daggering" (/showthread.php?tid=100606)

Pages: 1 2

RE: video on facebook today - children "daggering" - rootswoman - 10-15-2014

This is definitely one of those things I can't just blatantly accept as "culture."

When things cross a line - like this - is when it gets hard. Its like female gentile mutilation in Africa. When is it our place to step in and put a stop a cultural practice? When children's safety becomes an issue is when I feel we have a right to interfere. To me, this "dance" is putting those children's safety at risk.

I'm glad I didn't see any comments of people defending that video - i may have gone off the handle.

RE: video on facebook today - children "daggering" - JonTom - 10-15-2014

A letter to the editor re. the video.

I haven't seen the vid., but agree w/ the opinion of the letter in general (a bit religious for my view, but otherwise OK).

"8-Y-O Girls In Daggering Video"
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20141015/letters/letters2.html

RE: video on facebook today - children "daggering" - wendy - 10-18-2014

Few years back, like 8 yrs, we came across one of those road parties where you just stop, open up the trunk and unload all those BIG speakers type of party. A few hrs went by and i noticed a large circle of peeps clapping, whooping etc...i walked over and in the middle of the circle was this tiny tiny toddler doing her thang....i stood there shaking my head and as i was about to enter the circle to pull the little one up off the ground i was stopped by whom i was with saying...NO NO Wendy, you a outsider...leave it alone. Sad so they all continued pushing the girl to do nasty things....we left.

RE: video on facebook today - children "daggering" - macyoder - 10-24-2014

I think homophobia plays a part in some of the acceptance of the over the top behavior. . There was a pic on FB with a 12 year old girl , with open side shirt, and bra exposed, French kissing a boy her age. Yes, one of the replies was, now we know they are not gay. Then there was the other extreme, they would kick and beat her.

I think homophobic culture has caused a lot of the 'nasty" display to prove I am not gay.