The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " (/showthread.php?tid=100598)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - oldtimer - 10-09-2014

This is ONLY !!!!!!! a question . Why would foreign women/men want to get involved with partners in a society that condone that kind of action. I have seen it 1st hand for years and years . It is not only in Negril and tourist towns. Do you people with Jamaican partners bring up the offspring in Jamaica or "back home " ? There is something wrong with that kind of thinking . Is this part of "culture " like bass music so loud you can't hear anything or not coming to work or headliners coming on at 4-5 AM or driving like manics . There never seemed to be lessons learned. I hope I'm not sounding like a missionary, I don't know the answer but just askin' .People keep saying "Jamaica is a 3rd world country " . This is true but what has that got to do with this kind of "slackness " ? Negril has mega 1st world economy but never seemed to get it under control. Remember I'm only asking but it's right there in front of your face .

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - Winni - 10-09-2014

OK I'll bite....

This foreigners women/men thing is certainly a bee in your bonnet OT. Somehow you can always bring around a subject to the whole women/men thingy LOL. I guess I could ask why you continue to go to JA if you believe the country condones this? But it doesn't matter to me.

Again, generalities... The person writing the blog, it is their opinion. Unfortunately, opinion leads to, well, generalities. Having said that, IMO, the percentage of men going after young girls is lower than the ones don't. My partner, is younger than I and has no children. When we met and I asked him why not (seemed unusal) he stated he watched his mother raised his brothers and sisters through hardship and decided long ago, that if he could not afford to raise his children in the way he wanted (better) that he would not have any. I do know of quite a few men who do not have children do to this reason. I have a girlfriend whose daughter is near to 15. She tells her not to go out at night, but she sneaks off anyway.... Waiting for the day she comes home pregnant. I have talked to the girl about this but Im pretty sure she chooses to ignore it.

Should be fun drinking some beers together!!!

w

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - Westenders - 10-09-2014

I do not wish to get into drama with this question, but OT I'm sorry your view is very stereotypical.

Winni love your points but I do believe this question is more than
Generalist.

We live in a multicultural world and I just don't think its right to make assumptions that all jamaican people condone this type of behaviour.
Much the same as you couldn't make a statement like that to a non Muslim who is married to a muslim person and believe they shouldn't as all Muslims condone terrorism.

We cannot take the NIMBY viewpoint either.
These issues are worldwide problems, they just look different in different countries, but shit stinks everywhere..

Westie, I think we are in agreement but not sure LOL!

When I used the word generalities, I guess I was thinking stereotypical.. Your statement about Jamaicans condoning was exactly what I was getting at.. Don't believe that they do.

So, now I'm just confused..Shocking

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - Westenders - 10-09-2014

(10-09-2014, 10:53 AM)Winni Wrote:  Westie, I think we are in agreement but not sure LOL!

When I used the word generalities, I guess I was thinking stereotypical.. Your statement about Jamaicans condoning was exactly what I was getting at.. Don't believe that they do.

So, now I'm just confused..Shocking

Winnie, yes I was agreeing with you lol, I just felt the views by OT were a bit stronger than generalisation.

OT I do like how you are a straight shooter, but your statement was a little strong, with unfair expectations of many.
I think your thoughts on loud music and late night performances are age related ( sorry, but I can relate, I can remember cutting the plug off my daughters music system, because she played her music so loud, the baseline shook through the house. On reflection I questioned what I did and realised I had become my bloody parents lol)

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - oldtimer - 10-09-2014

"Do you people with Jamaican partners bring up the offspring in Jamaica or "back home " ? "
That was the question.
Winni ...I spent most of my time in Jamaica working !!!!
After this wedding I probably will not return .
The rest of my post was just "stuff ".
I also mention men and women . I saw the men part of it in places that are non-tradional (sp) tourist areas and women in the tourist areas .
Hmmm...where is the confusion?
When it is multicultural would it not be natural to pick the best of both worlds and the article CERTAINLY !!!! did not put a good light on their choices.
Ummmm..beer !!!...hehehe

Sorry OT this is what I thought was the question:

Why would foreign women/men want to get involved with partners in a society that condone that kind of action.

Beer. It's all good!

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - jitterbug - 10-10-2014

the original article in question is not about why women and men get involved with a society that condones the actions mentioned in the article. Correct? or not? maybe my lack of english is in the way . . .

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - brihinds - 10-10-2014

I don't think that as an American citizen I have the right to infringe my cultural norms on the Jamaicans, Canadians, or any other societies beliefs. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. I really never gave a Damn what anyone thought about me and my Jamaican Husband who was 17 years older than me. What was between us was between us and nobody else's business.

RE: Question about Dawn's post about "girls " - Raine - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 12:19 PM)brihinds Wrote:  I don't think that as an American citizen I have the right to infringe my cultural norms on the Jamaicans, Canadians, or any other societies beliefs. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. I really never gave a Damn what anyone thought about me and my Jamaican Husband who was 17 years older than me. What was between us was between us and nobody else's business.

brihinds, you sound just like my Dad when he was alive, (memories) he was Canadian and my Mom Jamaican Applause