The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river (/showthread.php?tid=100593)

mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - jitterbug - 10-05-2014

on this upcoming trip, i'm sharing with 2 ppl that have done none of the above attractions. . . .
i've been to ys and roaring river many times, never to mayfield.
my preference is to do mayfield.

asking the board for opinions . . .

RE: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - Heisenburg - 10-06-2014

Its close to Negril,leave at nine and be back by 3 at the latest,it takes about a hour or so to walk the falls ,take your time ,the guides are good,i have been there three times,there are half a dozen falls, a small cave you can swim through, they serve lunch in your own little grass shack when you come back from the falls{fish,chicken,rice blah blah blah}, there is a bar there,its nice and cool up there,senery is nice,lots of flora, no higglers,make sure you go when its not really dry because of a shortage of wata coming down the falls.
I like Mayfield over YS,never been to R.R.

RE: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - Winni - 10-06-2014

Going to YS is certainly an experience for people whom have never been. You drive through the area where they have those spicy 'swimps', can't remember the name of it. Some one will....

You can then continue on to the Appelton Rum factory, great for newbies and then on the way back you can drive through Bamboo Alley. Nice day trip...

RE: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - daniel - 10-06-2014

If you have never been to Mayfield , it is a must do , at some point . If you go this time would depend a lot on what you want to show your guest . Mayfield is kinda remote , kinda rustic and small compared to YS. no glitz at may,,, There are two tour sites/companies , I have only been to the Original Mayfield Falls , and its a great spot. awesome vibe..

RE: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - jitterbug - 10-06-2014

i'm leaning to mayfield. been to the other two and don't want to do that again.

it's a long day to ys . . . not sure that we are up for that . . .

thanks to everyone.

RE: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - fatty pondirock - 10-07-2014

(10-06-2014, 02:21 PM)Winni Wrote:  You drive through the area where they have those spicy 'swimps', can't remember the name of it. Some one will....

Middle Quarters!!!

RE: mayfield falls, ys falls or roaring river - Winni - 10-07-2014

Thanks Fatty! Gees, it was on the tip of my tongue LOL...