The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
The journey begins - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: The journey begins (/showthread.php?tid=100583)

The journey begins - Tanfastic - 09-28-2014

Not to bore you with the travel stuff, pretty typical, did travel first class on the plane, plenty of cocktails always makes the trip more fun. Our first night on the Rock we stayed at the Hilton Rose Hall. Nice property, scored a huge upgrade to the Royal Family Suite(about 1800 sq feet with a full kitchen, dinning room, family room, 2.5 bathroom and 3 big balconies) my only issue with the property is that it had so many kids running around and yelling. majority of the staff were nice but I hate it when the staff goes above and beyond at "tip time"! Why not treat people right from the start?

Early night after many drinks at the beach & pool during the day, quick dinner at the buffet, neither myself or Mrs DD wanted to dress up to get in the nice restaurant. Out the door early the next day with Rocky picking us up to transport out Ochi and Couples San Souci. Drive was great, Rocky brought his wife so we had some great discussions on politics, the island and its economy. Highly recommend Rocky as a driver btw!

San Souci is spectacular, property is so beautiful, room wasn't ready since we got here at 9:30 in the morning. We took our backpacks with us to explore and left our other stuff to be delivered later. Off we went, found a bar, got a couple of Mojitos and kept going. Found 3 pools and a few beaches as we walked the property. Then it happened, the sign for SunSet Beach! Do we stay or do we go?

RE: The journey begins - Kandm - 09-29-2014

Off to a great start. Glad that you arrived safely. Looking forward to hearing about San Souci and the rest of your adventures! Thanks for taking the time to post

RE: The journey begins - jitterbug - 09-29-2014

sounds perfect. i never want to dress up in ja either!!! more please . .

RE: The journey begins - kylake - 09-29-2014

Hope you have a great trip Tanfastic!

RE: The journey begins - MoFromMonroe - 09-29-2014

Sunset Beach = AN
Correct???
Clothes on only for sunset I believe.
Looking forward to more of your trip report.

RE: The journey begins - daniel - 09-29-2014

being naked is liberating . its your time. enjoy !

RE: The journey begins - kylake - 09-29-2014

Quote: daniel wrote: being naked is liberating . its your time. enjoy !
Ditto, have a great trip!

RE: The journey begins - Tanfastic - 09-30-2014

AND yes we did! Beach was nice, water really rocky and a little chill to it Anand it had a great pool right there. Funny part was that my wife was terrified to try it but within 45 seconds all she kept saying was "I love this, we need to plan one vacation a year to an au natural beach!" People were really nice, no sexual vibe at all, just all types of people enjoying themselves..
Resort really is nice, plan in walking a ton here, on a cliff with hundreds of stairs. Service was ok, food was not so good. Ordered a filet mignon in the nice restaurant and first one came out raw, the second one was raw as well and filled with grissle. Chef came to the table and seemed annoyed that I wouldn't eat the dinner. Kind of pissed me off and I let him know as well. 6 people in the place, food was not hot and you can't cook a steak? Didn't ruin our evening, wife loved her meal, I just drank scotch instead.

Having way to much fun, falling in love with Mrs. DD even more each day. Off to Negril after 4 days in Ochi.

RE: The journey begins - Schuttzie - 10-01-2014

Great start! Sounds like you are having a great time, thanks for letting us tag along Colore

RE: The journey begins - Tanfastic - 10-11-2014

Wow, so it's obvious I didn't keep up with the report! Negril was the bomb, Catcha was amazing again and Swept Away was so much fun even with the large drunk group of obnoxious people from the South (and I'm from the south!) cursing and eating dinner at a table with close to 26 people at it. Details to follow over the next 2 weeks. Big shout out to Rocky at Rocky's Taxi & Tours for taking care of all our transportation needs!
One thing is for sure, Mrs. DD and I had so much fun, fell deeper in love and can't wait to get back.