The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1303 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1303 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1308 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1308 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1313 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1313 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1358 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1358 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1362 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1362 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Is it true .. - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Is it true .. (/showthread.php?tid=100569)

Pages: 1 2

Is it true .. - oldtimer - 09-14-2014

There has been another murder on the Westend. I did my monthly check and there was a thread about another murder.It seems that some posters think that it should be told and others say "not again give it a rest " or something like that . Maybe Bobby has some converts to a sterile vaca.

RE: Is it true .. - Kiknback - 09-14-2014

I wish it was not true, but sounds like it is... killed at his home on Villa La Cage Road around 11pm on Thursday night. Sad, and scary.

RE: Is it true .. - 2nutz4travel - 09-14-2014

According to FB it was Jr Damian Salmon (aka Crazy) - shot in his home. Very sad...

RE: Is it true .. - fatty pondirock - 09-14-2014

Sadly..we knew Damian (may he Rest In Power).
My question is this: Are there more murders occurring..or are we just more aware of them now...what with the Internet being more accessible and more and more people with smart phones????
I mean...it's always been like the wild west as far as 'he with the biggest gun rules'!!!
Just my thoughts on this chilly Sunday morning!!!

RE: Is it true .. - Westenders - 09-14-2014

I think it's about the same as it's always been. Just my own opinion,
I know people or know of people killed every year, it is usually the younger age group.
Last year was a bad year, and not one was reported on social media that I saw.
I think that is the key point in that we are just finding out about them a little more, as most have no connection to the Jamaica that tourists are familiar with,
The sweep stakes in particular made things very violent for a good while.

RE: Is it true .. - wendy - 09-14-2014

I'm thinking its the same...agree with fatty, easier to know everything now with web. Any of these murders can be a trinkle down effect from a past shooting.....and so it goes on and on til all of dem gone. Most happen for a 'reason', uncommon to be a drive-by.

RE: Is it true .. - oldtimer - 09-14-2014

Bang on Wendy !!!! and then it starts again !!!

RE: Is it true .. - Blues Pirate - 09-14-2014

I believe there are more this year than in the past. This website has it's ear to the ground more than most. On The Ground News is a really decent source. If shit is going on you read about here or there. There has never been this many murders reported before. There certainly hasn't been this much crime either. There are a lot more bad bwoys in town from Kingston & MoBay.

RE: Is it true .. - rastagirl777 - 09-15-2014

Read about Junior's murder on FB - this time in the neighborhood by Jenny's.

It is startling as always to read about yet another shooting on the West End.

As to Fatty's question, its a good one: I'm with Wendy et al who say its no more than usual, just much more airplay via the internet. 15 years ago no one would have known about this murder, or Colin's or the one down by Wise Choice and would have been none the wiser and continued on as always.

Negril has always had the reputation as the "Wild West" - a reputation that has drawn many people, like myself, who enjoy being in places that are more off the beaten path...with an edge. For the past 15 years or so Negril is just the opposite of "off the beaten path" but the wild west rep remains, even if under the shiny cloak of resorts and tourists and high end restaurants.

I wonder out loud though - more guns with bullets these days than I can remember?...but again, it is only the illusion of the internet? I remember a time in Negril where it was nearly impossible to get a gun, much less the ammo for the gun. Sadly, as with guns all over the world it seems like there are so many more out there, more in the hands of the bad guys.

Wondering out loud again: With last year's bloody battle over near Spring Garden and Grange Hill with the Alta gang - spill over? This seems less likely to me as gang activity in Negril and Redground is as old as the hills...for every gang related shooting we read about on the internet there are 10 more that take place that we do not read about. Last summer my friend, a young man who grew up in Negril, rattled off several instances in that summer alone including a particularly gruesome shooting down by the corner bar.

I've noticed personally that this type of ugliness happens most during the off-season. Just an observation, definitely not a fact.

I didn't know Junior personally but have seen him umpteen times at PeeWees and No Limit and I have friends who lived near him and were close to him. Another tragic, senseless loss - peace and love to his family and friends.

Hanging my head in sadness...

RE: Is it true .. - Winni - 09-15-2014

I agree it has a lot to do with the faster access of the news these days.

Something else that keeps popping into my head is how loosely we refer to the everything from Burger King to the Westender as the 'Westend'. Yes, we know this to be true but we also know that the WestEnd is close to 6 plus miles long... Whenever someone says the Westend I keep thinking people reading these posts who don't know the Westend might think it is a couple of blocks long and possibly have a misconception of the Westend being a much smaller place then what it is...

Ya following me???