The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police (/showthread.php?tid=100547)

Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - captaind on Zion Hill - 09-02-2014

From the Observer:

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Tourism-ministry-donates-bikes-to-Negril-police-_17455370

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - Likkle Red - 09-02-2014

That is a step in the right direction.[/b]

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - kylake - 09-02-2014

Maintaining of equipment (from reading) seems to be a problem in Negril and other areas in Jamaica. I don't want to sound pessimistic but I hope they will maintain the bikes for longevity. Bikes like those pictured will be a good investment by the board and most certainly help the police as long as they are maintained.
Just my 2 cents

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - Likkle Red - 09-03-2014

I agree, if they can not maintain the fire truck or the ambulance, how can they maintain the bikes? Hopefully they will take care of them and also not get them stolen.

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - Oldtimer2 - 09-03-2014

and how is this going to stop crime or even slow it down ? The marine police did nothing with their sea doo's to stop crime on the water . There are ONLY !!!!!!!!!! 3 roads . The Westend Rd , the Beach Rd , and Redground. 10 vigalanties would have the crime to near 0% in a few days.Flog the criminals until they can't stand up right at the round-a-bout . But up gallows on the beach right below the craft market. Problem solved !!!!!

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - TAH - 11-26-2015

(09-03-2014, 11:13 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  and how is this going to stop crime or even slow it down ? The marine police did nothing with their sea doo's to stop crime on the water . There are ONLY !!!!!!!!!! 3 roads . The Westend Rd , the Beach Rd , and Redground. 10 vigalanties would have the crime to near 0% in a few days.Flog the criminals until they can't stand up right at the round-a-bout . But up gallows on the beach right below the craft market. Problem solved !!!!!

That's not really accurate. Those are the main roads. There are back ways that connect them, like Westland Mtn Rd, Whitehall Rd, and several other smaller tracks. Not as easy as it seems, especially given the corruption. 

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - CardBoardBox - 11-27-2015

The story is from Tuesday, September 02, 2014. All 23 comments are a year old.

I observed those (?) 3 motorcycles, one bearing a superior as a passenger during a search for a house.

It gave me a positive reaction in that at least they had transportation (me knowing the history of other 4 wheeled vechicles in town of fire & police) but it did not instill in me a sense of them being "motorcycle cops" on the open road.

To make light of this, envision the local police using rickshaws. Doing the best they can with what they have, and better than not being able to get out of the station because nothing else was functional.

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - Westenders - 11-27-2015

It's very common to see the police on cycles in the UK...Lycra and all!

I've never see the police on cycles in Jamaica..wonder where they ended up?
I can imagine!

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - CardBoardBox - 11-27-2015

The photo in the news story may show the size. I could guess maybe 250cc.

The one time viewing was on a dead end road on the west end near Villa La Cage. They were looking for the back yard of a certain house (and they guessed wrong.)

I don't think every road is on a map and not all come with a name. Don't quote me on this.
As TAH wrote, there are more roads than the 3 main ones. Google Earth shows them/some.

When U say Bobbies (sp?) are on cycles in the UK Westenders, it that motor or bi? As for "where they ended up", are you thinking of destination on that day, or if they have suffered the same fate as other vechicles, where one is used for parts on another, and eventually none of them are operational?

Not to beat a dead horse, but there was a discussion of the use of taxes/fees to purchase the MC yet the story mentioned "being donated." There was another story, not too long ago I think, about the 2nd ambulance in Negril getting assigned to another town. I don't remember if that 2nd one was running or was expected to be fixed.

RE: Tourism ministry donates bikes to Negril police - TAH - 11-29-2015

Yeah, I saw it was old after I commented. Too late at that point, so I left it there. No idea how I ended up that deep in the board.