The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Rohans art at Roots - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Rohans art at Roots (/showthread.php?tid=100539)

Rohans art at Roots - wendy - 08-30-2014

[attachment=1336][attachment=1335][attachment=1334]

RE: Rohans art at Roots - Oldtimer2 - 08-30-2014

beautiful art !!!

RE: Rohans art at Roots - Likkle Red - 08-30-2014

love it!

RE: Rohans art at Roots - rootswoman - 08-30-2014

I love it too!

I have a question
Are those all original paintings or are some of them prints?

What do people know about paintings sold on the beach? Are some selling prints passed off as paintings? I saw this in the Dominican Republic and never really thought about it in Jamaica. The only paintings I bought in Jamaica were from the artist and I knew they were paintings - however I also know the artist would paint the same picture many times and would bring out a new one out as soon as one was sold.

RE: Rohans art at Roots - Oldtimer2 - 09-02-2014

Now there is a good question. Falmouth has/did have a lot of artist's living there. Onetime I think it was 1973 I went/wandered in to a studio in Falmouth and there was an artist making postcard size ink sketches. I watched him for a short while and he struck up a little conversation and I bought a series of 10. They were about 20J back then ($10US) . I took them to an international art show in Halifax in 2001 and a collector there asked to see them. He said this was a very famous artist and offered me $1,000 CDN for the group. I said no but "thanks anyway " and took them home . My ex was here one day in 2005 and I never saw them since . One of them was the sketch of a train with the #207 on the front. I can't remember who it was but they posted pics of days gone by and one of the photo's was of the "real " train #207.