The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft (/showthread.php?tid=100517)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - booger - 08-24-2014

(08-24-2014, 08:59 AM)Mike_D Wrote:  I work in the electric utility industry in the States. Whenever I ride around the island or walk the West End Rd, I take a look at the electric distribution lines and can see that theft is evident. This crackdown is a good thing for the legitimate, paying customers. The reason why the cost of current is so high in Jamaica, is because the good people are covering the cost of electricity that is stolen.

Welcome Mike D!

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Tim - 08-24-2014

I don't see the connection between electricity theft and the latest murder in Negril? But it doesn't take a genius to see that there are alot of "amateur" electricians in the Negril area. I am more shocked that there aren't more thiefs charged, just makes it more expensive for the honest people.

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - rastagirl777 - 08-24-2014

Yes it does Tim and one can only hope JPS is on top of it. (Ha! Yeah, right). If you own property in Negril and see all kinds of spaghetti type chords on your utility pole or near your meter MAKE JPS come out to at least disconnect - you certainly cannot make them investigate.

I've heard of folks to who's bills all of a sudden spike and they go out to investigate that their power (tied into their meter) is being ripped off. They've called JPS for the disconnect, not sure how the bill thing got resolved.

Reminds me of all the folks that used to steal cable television in this manner here in the states, lol.

As far as a murder connecting to power theft - it doesn't. If you read my post again you'll see that I have not connected the two, two separate statements addressing 2 separate posts/statements.

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Mike_D - 08-25-2014

(08-24-2014, 10:10 AM)booger Wrote:  Welcome Mike D!

Thanks, man! It's nice hanging out over here.

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Winni - 08-25-2014

I had heard they were coming up into the lanes for the electricity check. We are good, so it doesn't effect me. But, I always feel bad for the ones that can't afford it and need to resort to the tiefing, until of course, they are tiefing from me LOL!

Some people need to become accountable for their actions, in JA AND on the board....

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - JonTom - 08-25-2014

(08-25-2014, 10:19 AM)Winni Wrote:  Some people need to become accountable for their actions, in JA AND on the board....
I, for one, have tief'd no current from this board. Smile

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Winni - 08-26-2014

(08-25-2014, 07:28 PM)JonTom Wrote:  
(08-25-2014, 10:19 AM)Winni Wrote:  Some people need to become accountable for their actions, in JA AND on the board....
I, for one, have tief'd no current from this board. Smile

LOL @ JT!

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Papa Georgie - 08-26-2014

I find this report to be...well...shocking!

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - ohliz - 08-26-2014

(08-25-2014, 07:28 PM)JonTom Wrote:  I, for one, have tief'd no current from this board. Smile

I admit I tief'd some bandwidth from the board....

RE: Night Club Owner in Negril caught for electricity theft - Westenders - 08-29-2014

Thinking of the west end it was one of the reasons I stopped staying up there, I got sick of the current blackouts, spent many nights with sopping wet hair and sat like fanny by gas light with the oil lamps. No lights or hair dryer.

It's certainly very common up there, I know quite a few properties linked up to some of those popular hotels. Just look up Its crazy as some of you have already said.

I don't think I'd be happy paying other peoples bills either, and it's even worse for a popular local business to be this greedy( if it's true)

My hubby used to pay 3000 a month for his current a few years back, utilities not cheap but no excuse to rob it.